Chapt. 61- Friends & Foes

Author’s POV 

Tonight is the night, it's the Jackson 5 live in Toronto.

Everybody’s been very excited, everybody’s been very busy getting ready.

Michael took a deep breath looking at the mirror, as his makeup artist Karen Faye fixed his hair.

“You're gonna be fine Mike, don't worry.” she reassured.

“That's not what I'm worried about, it's Leila.” he said worriedly.

Karen shoot him a what-the-heck look.

“What? Why? She's here with us, watching the show, what are you worrying about?”

“Uhh... What if she doesn't like it? What if I'll fail to impress her and also the fans?”

“Oh Michael Michael, are you hearing the words you're saying? Of course they'll like it... Wait correction... They'll totally love it! You're a super star remember?” Karen said shaking her head applying some gel on his hair.

“Right.” he breathed looking at his reflection.

Leila was trying to reach out for her family by texting while walking, at the time she was texting with Nicole, she felt somebody bump on her.

“I'm so sorry are you okay?” Leila asked helping the person up.

“Don't touch me!” the person snapped.

The person sounds familiar Leila thought, she looked at the person who is a girl, with huge shades, in a hoodie, dark jeans, converses.

“Sorry.” Leila said.

The person clenched her jaw and stormed away.

“Weird.” Leila uttered confused before carrying on texting and walked the opposite way.

The person found her way outside the hall.

She looked back at Leila and pulled her shades below the bridge of her nose.

“You think you'll get away with it? I don't think so.” she said before turning around and mingled with the crowd.

“Y'all ready?” Frank said poking his head at Michael’s dressing room door.

“Yeah we'll be out in a moment.” Karen replied.

Frank nodded and left.

As Karen finished the final touch, Leila walked in.

“Hey--whoa!” she said in awe as she saw Michael’s attire and he grinned.

“I'm gonna go now.” Karen said grabbing her makeup equipments and walked away.

“Waw... Um... You look... I don't know... Hot?” Leila uttered walking near him.

Michael blushed and adjusts his white sparkling glove in his right hand.

“Thanks babe.” he murmured.

She chuckled and sat beside him.

“You ready?”

“Born ready.”

“Yeah right... (Giggled)”

“But seriously, is it gonna be good?”

“What are you talking about of course it'll be awesome oh amazing, you know that.”