Chapt. 66- Lovers/Harvey

Megan’s POV

They declared Jason stable after a long operation, thank goodness.

I know we met like 8 hours ago, but I'm starting to feel something for him, seeing him in this situation, breaks my heart in half.

Hailee’s been crying like crazy for like, 3 hours now, I hate seeing her like this.

I entered his room in the ICU, in a hospital gown, face mask, and a disposable hair coverer *I don't know what is it*

When I saw him, my eyes were stinging in a new batch of tears.

His face are all bruised along with his arms, thick bandages are wrapped around his head, a few scratches and burns in his forearms and hands.

“I know... He looks horrible.”

I turned around and saw Hailee wearing the same outfit, her eyes are red and puffy from all the crying.

“But that's not gonna drag him down, knowing my brother... He's strong... And he's a metal head.” she added making us chuckle lowly.

“He's gonna make it Hailee.” I reassured.

“Of course he will, he'll always fight to stay with the one he loves a little longer.” she said.

Since we can't stay because of his condition, we were forced to leave sooner than we expected.

“I agree, so don't worry Hail, he'll fight and come back for you.” I said removing my hospital protection attires.

“He's fighting not only for me.” she said removing her attire and walked away as she finished.

What does she mean?

“Oh... Yeah, also for his friends, how can I forget?” I said catching up to her and facepalmed.

“You're right, but he's really fighting for somebody who caught his heart.” she uttered smirking.

I felt my heart crack.

“Um... Well... Do you know who she is?” I asked shakily.

She nodded and looked at me, “You.”

I gasped and my eyes widen.

“How can you be so sure?” I asked.

She sighed and sat on one the stools at the sides of the hall.

“I've seen the way he looked at you Megan, his eyes were sparkling and his smile is really beaming... He likes you Meg, maybe more than that.” she said and looked up at me.

I sat beside her with my hands on my lap.

“What if you saw wrong Hail? What if he's just trying to be nice? You can't just say that he likes me in a heartbeat.”

“I'm pretty sure Meg, he's my brother, I've known him for like, my whole life, I know the ways he looks, and when he looks at you... I know, he really fancies you.”

“Well... If you're right... If Jason really do fancy me... Is it ok with you?” I asked hesitantly.

She smiled and grabbed my hand, “Of course I will, I really like you and I want you as a sister... I can't wait to welcome you in our family.”

I smiled back and squeezed her hand lightly, “Same here, thank you Hail.” I said and hugged her.

She hugged back patting my back, “No problem sis.”