Chapter 6

Alyssa

With all my might, I dragged Jason's unconscious body onto the living room sofa. He was completely knocked out, and so heavy. Low groans with mumbling were coming from the bathroom floor where Ashley was supposed to be out cold. A scowl formed on my face before her crawling figure came into my view.

"You have 10 seconds to get out of this house and never look back or you will find your last breath is today." I threatened.

She cackled, staggering to her feet with the wall as support.

"The girl, who doesn't kill, is going to kill me?"

"There are people for that."

"Call them."

Pure challenge gleamed in her eyes. I spun with a backwards kick, sending her to the floor unconscious again then dialed Lydia's number.

"Hello?" she answered on the third ring.

"Lydia, it's Alyssa. I need your help."

"What is wrong?"

"Clark Towns' daughter has come to even the score. She's unconscious, but there is another problem."

"Yes?"

"Jason's here."

My heart pounded increasingly quicker at her silence.

"Expect me there soon."

I ended the call, going to check on Jason's state. His chest was rising and falling slowly, at least he was still breathing. Luke and Chris came bolting down the stairs, pelting me with questions. I explained the best I could as anger flashed in their eyes. They rubbed their faces trying to push past whatever drug she had given them. Chris eyed Ashley still lying unconscious on the floor then he and Luke dragged her into the living room to make sure she didn't move. I leaned on my leg taking a tumble to the floor. Fresh blood was seeping onto the surface of my dress. I'd forgotten she'd stabbed me. Luke grabbed a towel from the kitchen to wrap it around my leg. The stove! I stood up to go turn it off when Chris pulled me back down.

"Sit, we need to fix you up."

He opened a medical kit, grabbing out a needle and surgical thread to sew the stab wound.

I grimaced with each prick of the needle going through my skin. This was going to leave a nasty scar for sure. I'd only been stabbed once before, but had never had the blade twisted. Lydia opened the front door directing a cleanup crew. Her attention diverted from Ashley's body to me as she silently moved across the room, stepping over Ashley to check Chris' work. More members of the cleanup crew came in behind her and lifted Ashley up, handcuffing her hands and carried her out. They cleaned up the bloodstains meeting with Lydia. She signed them off, turning towards Jason and placed her fingers on his neck to check for his pulse.

"I'm glad you three are okay, as for the boy here, lie well."

We nodded at her warning, and watched her close the front door.

Jason lied passed out on the couch for 5 hours until finally his legs began to stir. He groaned turning on his side, finally opening his eyes. He flinched at the light, using his hand as a shield. Luke and Chris patted my shoulder, leaving me to give him an explanation once he fully woke up. Jason's eyes glazed over to me as he groggily asked me what had happened. I shrugged offering the excuse that he had just passed out. He rubbed his face apologizing for scaring me. I brushed it off in relief that he was okay after all. He smiled faintly at me and attempted to stand up, sinking immediately back onto the couch. I went to the kitchen to pour him some water and watched him gulp it down. He looked over at the clock on the wall, rubbing his neck and stood up announcing that he had to go in a flustered and dazed tone.