Chapter 24

BLEGH! I cringed hearing Lilliana puking up her lunch in the bathroom. It wasn't exactly a pleasant sound. Chris opened my bedroom door lying down on my bed where I was sitting.

"BLEGH oh god when did I eat that?" Her voice rang through the house.

Chris groaned rolling onto his stomach to press his face into my mattress. Alex ran a heavy hand over his face as Lilliana flushed the toilet. What kind of alien pregnancy was she having?

Tonight was the very important dinner where John would find out he was going to be a father.

The bedroom door suddenly swung open to reveal an angry Lilliana on the other side. "I swear your kind, are the laziest people on the planet!" she screamed. "Alex, get your lazy butt up and clean the living room and Alyssa!"

Oh why didn't I hide?

"Come help me in the kitchen!"

She slammed the door stomping to the kitchen. Those hormones were nasty.

"NOW!" her voice boomed.

We scrambled off the bed to get to work. I warily walked into the kitchen.

"Watch the food sweetie while I go change." she said.

You had to love pregnant women. She passed by me with a smile going to her bedroom. I went to stand by the oven looking in at the meatloaf. Once it dinged I used the oven mitts to place it on the stovetop. Lilliana trotted into the kitchen asking me to zip her up. Her baby bump was slightly showing.

Lilliana twirled in her dress checking on the meatloaf then turned to me with a smile. She was so excited that John had actually accepted coming to dinner. Lilliana let me go into the living room where the guys were supposed to be cleaning, but their lazy butts were sitting in front of the TV with my dad. I rolled my eyes just as the doorbell rang and went to get it before the Dragon Lady got angry. John was standing on the step with a bouquet of roses. Good start.

"Good evening Miss 96." he said.

"Call me Alyssa." I smiled.

I closed the door behind him just as Lilliana made her grand appearance.

"Don't you look beautiful as always?" he complimented.

Alex rolled his eyes from the couch. John shook my dad's hand waving hello to the boys, but Alex only glared. The both of them went into the kitchen, leaving us children in the living room. The doorbell rang a second time, but my dad pushed both of us down to get it himself.

"Hi Jason." He said.

I teleported to his side, smiling at Jason, "This is my dad," I introduced.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Winters."

"Likewise. I'm afraid we didn't have a chance to meet at my party."

"We didn't, but I would like to thank you for the invitation and compliment you on such a beautiful creation."

"Thank you Jason."

"Alyssa! Alex!" It was the Dragon Lady again.

I excused myself from them then scurried in behind Alex into the kitchen.

"Set the table." Lilliana said.

As we finished her orders, Lilliana called everyone in helping them find a seat. She sat at the head, with John on the other end. Jason was placed next to me with Alex, Chris, and my dad across from us. John rose from his end, taking charge of carving the meatloaf. Lilliana was practically beaming a light of pride into space. It was odd to think that just a few days ago they couldn't stand to be in the same room together. He rounded the entire table placing a couple of slices on her plate.