Chapter 12

Jason

The plane landed bumpily, but right on schedule. I unbuckled the belt and walked down the stairs onto the runway. An escort agent handed me the keys to a yellow Camaro, yeah because driving a transformer wasn't noticeable. I started the car letting the preset GPS lead me to the Airies hotel. It was a huge hot spot for celebrities and models most of which had passed through my line of sight and bedroom once or twice. I glanced at the file to see if there was anything of importance. Bradford couldn't be that dangerous, if a girl took him down then he couldn't be too strong. I pulled into the parking lot handing my keys to the valet. The nice thing about being a marketing executive was that I held an office job and my face was not usually in the media unless I was dating someone that was in the public eye.

My relationship with Christina Griffin was a mistake in more ways than one, but since I'd managed to keep my name out of her mouth for the last few months, the media wasn't so interested in my personal life anymore. I still had to worry about the women I was seen in public though. I walked into the hotel lobby when suddenly someone called my name. Well, speak of the devil. My body immediately tensed at the sight of Christina rising to her feet. Beside her was her minion, pardon me, friend Marina White.

Marina White was another singer from the Children's Network where Christina had gotten her start. She was just as conniving and manipulative as my dear ex-girlfriend.

"Well hello there, Jason." Christina purred, leaning in close for a hug.

Out of sheer public politeness, I returned the gesture. Christina was coincidently wearing the fragrance I loved best on her.

"Hi." I replied as she pulled away.

"What brings you to this hotel, Jason?"

"I came to use the restroom."

"You wouldn't by any chance be meeting another conquest here, would you?"

"I came here to use the restroom."

"I've missed you."

Smooth transition. "I really have to go Christina."

She nodded tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "You know, we never really spoke about what happened." She said.

"I really have to go."

"Let's go out to dinner. I think we really need to talk."

"No."

"Please, Jason?"

"... I go back to LA tonight."

"Maybe tomorrow night?"

"Sure."

"I-"

"Christina, the pee is running down my leg. I'll see you tomorrow night."

I scanned the halls for the restrooms and hurried in. Since Christina was in the lobby doing god knows what, and the minute I come out she would be looking towards me, I had to do everything from in there. I locked the door pulling out my phone. It wasn't my forte to hack into databases, but I had no other choice. I logged into their WIFI then proceeded to use the SQL injection codes we were forced to learn in the academy. Within seconds the hotel's database security was down and I had access to their guest list. I scrolled down searching for his name when two 2 files came up, William Samuel Bradford and William Michael Bradford.

They were both staying at the hotel, but William Samuel Bradford was on the 7th floor, and William Michael Bradford was on the 18th floor. Which was the right Bradford? The door jerked, "It's busy." I called. I wrote the two room numbers on my arm and then flushed the toilet, pretending to wash my hands. As I exited the restroom, I switched over to the camera surveillance system. Christina was still sitting there with Marina. The elevators were directly across from the restroom. She would see me crossing over and knowing her, she would probably let it slip to the media that I was there to meet someone.