Chapter 74

Jason

Her knee healed before the end of the week. All she needed was to stay off of it for a while, but the swelling went down the next day, now she was just sore. The dark purple color remained, but would hopefully fade soon. Alyssa had been serious when she said that she was going to move into her dad's house. That's what the day had been dedicated to, moving all her things over to her dad's. It was close to the end of July and she had begun the move about a week ago. Mrs. Riverbed wasn't very happy that Alyssa wanted to move out, but Alyssa pleaded with her until she said yes. The plan was for Luke to move out of his parents' house and come live with Alyssa.

It irked me a little that she was going to be living with another man, but at least she wouldn't be alone in such a big house. I lifted a suitcase full of her clothes and carried it upstairs to the room that would be her bedroom. She was leaving all her dad's things where they were, so his bedroom would stay put. She had spent the morning cleaning it and opening the windows to let it air out. I caught her hugging one of her dad's suits crying, but didn't say anything. This was a private moment and she didn't need me.

Movers were bringing up Luke's bed to his bedroom while Alyssa was making her bed. She picked up a Swiffer mop to clean the floors, following the movers around. I set the suitcase on the floor next to her dresser. She looked up at me and smiled looking around her room.

"Happy?" I asked.

"Yes, it feels good to be here now."

Luke knocked on the open door leaning against the sill.

"Hey there roomie." he said.

"Hi, did you like your room?" Alyssa asked him.

"Yeah, it's really nice. How do you feel?"

"Great, I think this is just what I needed."

"That's good."

He smiled looking at me.

"Sup bro, didn't see you there, sorry." he said.

"Its cool, we've all been caught up in the move."

"Yeah, my parents weren't happy about me leaving, but I mean hey, 21 years old already."

"It was time. I'm gonna go get the other suitcase. Excuse me."

***

Alyssa

Jason left the room and Luke walked in further. I opened my arms asking for a hug.

"Thank you for agreeing to come live with me." I said.

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"You're welcome. You're like my little sister, I couldn't have you living alone in such a big house."

I chuckled going for the suitcase. I didn't want to be alone either, I probably would have gone out and bought 37 cats. There was plenty of room for the both of us and even another person. I had asked Chris to come live with me too, and he agreed, but he'd come in about a month or two. My mom and Matthew started to cry at the thought of the both of us leaving.

I began hanging up my clothes in the closet. Luke started pulling out my dresses to hand over to me. I had a million dresses, for summer and going out. Kind of had a walk-in closet so it was all cool.

"God, why do you have so many dresses?" Luke asked.

"I go out a lot." Is shrugged.

"You know what they call girls like you?"