Chapter 47

Lydia and Scott were both sitting at her desk with an open file in front of them. We entered the office sitting down on the two available chairs. They smiled looking from me to Jason.

"So," Scott broke the silence.

"So," Jason echoed.

"How did you guys take the news?" Lydia asked. 

"Alyssa tried to break up with me." Jason smiled, as I shot him a glare.

"And why is that?" Lydia grinned.

"Well," I answered for myself. "I just wondered about the rules... I wasn't sure if this was allowed. What if we get distracted?"

Scott shook his head.

"I truly, highly doubt that that will happen. But you are partners now, so keep each other safe. Now with that said, here is your mission." He told us.

We sat up excitedly awaiting our orders.

"This order is in Alaska."

Jason and I exchanged glances.

Sounds chilly.

"This is going to be tough, but we are requiring you to take out an entire town." Scott continued.

Pardon me?

"Um... an entire town, isn't that Night Hound stuff?" Jason asked. 

"Normally it would, but the town consists of only 20 people. It is a GFA base, and we need to have someone infiltrate. You will be given two days to complete this mission. All 20 people must be terminated in those two days. Because of the current condition in Alaska, you have to be quick. There is a blizzard said to set in within 72 hours. Good luck, your flight leaves in one hour. Take really warm clothes. Now remember this is GFA, each other is all you have. Look out for one another." 

We nodded standing up. "We wish you luck and safety in the field." Lydia said. 

"Thank you." we replied.

Lydia shut the file handing it over to me. Jason opened the door and we stepped out to the elevators. We leaned back into the wall as the doors closed. 

"Alaska?" Jason breathed. 

"I know... it's cold over there." 

Jason laughed, putting his arm around me. "I'll keep you warm." He whispered into my ear causing a shudder to ripple through me. 

"You give me chills when you do that," I told him. 

"But I also make you warm when I make you blush." 

I chuckled. "Well, don't make a habit of it." 

He kissed my cheek with a mischievous look. 

When the elevators doors separated, we returned to his car to stop by my house. 

Jason stood at the front door staring at the wood. I squeezed his hand for reassurance, then we walked in announcing we were home. My family and Luke were all seated in the living room waiting for me. My dad's eyes hardened when he spotted Jason holding my hand.

I placed my other hand on Jason's arm as an instinct to protect him. 

"Everyone, this is Agent 94." 

Silence enveloped the room as they stared at Jason. 

"... You're Agent 94?" my mom asked. 

"Yes ma'am. Lydia and Scott let us find out last night at the ball,"