Chapter 10

His words didn't quite register until he pressed the gun to my head.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked and he cocked the gun.

"More than positive,"

I stabbed his bare foot with my heel ducking down as he fired another shot. He cried out in pain letting his gun slide away as I shoved my stun gun into his side and thrust him onto the floor. Luke burst in as Bianca slipped the thiopental filled syringe into his jugular. The boys lifted him onto a chair where I began to make a small incision on the back of his neck. The chip slid in perfectly and was hardly noticeable on the surface. I stitched him up lightly then let the boys carry him to his bed while Bianca and I cleaned up the room to leave it the way Bradford had. Just as we prepared to leave, Bianca pointed to the wall.

We all turned to face it finding there were two big holes with burned edges. Luke quickly dialed Lydia to ask for a cleanup crew leaving us in an anxiety filled 10-minute wait. When I heard their light knock on the hotel door, I gave them a 10-minute time span to conduct their magical work. We breathed a sigh of relief, standing close to the door. Despite knowing that Bradford was down and out, his presence filled the room with a sinister atmosphere. Even the cleanup crew stole glances at his sedated body in discomfort. Luke looked me over to make sure I hadn't gotten hurt since both those bullets had been directed at me.

I picked up the lightly singed strands of my hair realizing just how lucky I was that it was only my hair and not, me. The 10 minutes went by quickly with the crew making the finishing touches. I shined a light on their work to sign off on the release forms. The wall was beautifully smooth as if no one had ever shot it. We filed out of the room shedding our uniforms into a lone maid's laundry cart. The elevator was just a few feet away from us, almost in the clear! "Jason David Snow come on, we have an early flight tomorrow." Someone that sounded like Paul Macy said. Footsteps came increasingly closer to our location with the passing seconds. Jason was here? I pushed everyone into a group, bursting through a random door locking it. I looked through the peephole to see Jason and Paul casually walking through the hallway. Jason stopped right in front of the door checking his phone, and then started typing something up.

I released the knob accidentally separating the door from the sill. The four of us froze in the darkness, watching as Jason's hand gripped the knob. I nudged Bianca to go pretend she was staying in the room.

"Hello?" she called, and Jason retracted from the door as Bianca further pulled it back.

We huddled behind the door, treating the stream of light pouring in as if it were lava.

"Hi, sorry to bother you, your door opened by itself." he explained.

"Oh, yeah I've been having trouble with it all night, thank you."

"No problem."

She closed the door as Chris looked through the peephole to find Jason was still there. Bianca looked at me appearing to draw a connection between Jason and me. Her eyes were blaming me for the order now going south, but how was I supposed to know that Jason was staying here out of all the hotels in New York City? I looked down at my watch, we 15 minutes left. I asked the boys to tie the sheets and the curtains together so we could climb out of the window. We were 4 stories up, but we had no other choice. The minutes were ticking away like seconds, waiting for them to finish. I checked the hallway through the peephole again.

Jason was just standing there by himself now, leaning up against the wall with his phone. Why wasn't he going back to his room? He lightly smiled as more people passed him by, but he refused to move from his spot. A girl's voice made me stick to the door. She stopped with Jason grinning while saying something, but I couldn't hear well. He laughed quietly replying. Why, were they whispering? I knew it was rude to eavesdrop, but they had to give me something.

"We should get back to the room then." Jason said. Not what I wanted to hear.

"Alyssa."

Was he dating her?

"Alyssa." If he was, that was good; he needed to, you know, get out there.

"96!"

I snapped my head back.

"It's ready." Luke said.

I double loop knotted it to the curtain rod to anchor it then tossed the tail out of the window.

"Go Bianca."

She nervously looked at me. Needless to say that she had never really trusted me.

"Go Bianca, I got you." She still hesitated. "10 minutes Bianca, move it!"

She put one leg over the sill then slid out.

"All right your turn," I said to Luke and Chris.

"Maybe one of us should stay while you go down." Luke suggested.

"No, no, go it's okay." Chris went first then Luke.

I looked around the room to make sure there was nothing out of place except the curtains, now it was my turn. Luke, Chris, and Bianca were down in the alley waiting for me. I gripped the sheet rope slowly inching my way out. As I reached the third story, I felt a small tug. The knots were unraveling! I slid down faster hoping to make it when my body turned weightless as I dropped down. I reached for the building to slow my fall. My hands burned along the wall leaving a trail of blood behind. I clenched every muscle in my body until someone grabbed me from my waist and my feet were on the ground. My hands were bloodied and raw from the side with the skin almost completely rubbed off. Luke tugged on me assuring me I'd get help on the plane.

My hands burned and bled as Chris opened the car door for me. Bianca stomped on the gas, peeling out of the alley towards the airport. Chris glared at her ordering her to slow down before NYPD chased us down. Bianca glanced at him in the passenger seat.

"You want to get there on time? It's not my fault little Miss Winters doesn't know how to finish an order."

That rubbed me entirely the wrong way.

"I planned almost the entire thing, all you did was whine." I retorted in defense.

"I found his location, didn't I?" Her eyes cut at me from the rearview mirror.

"And I got our disguises, got his room number, brought him down, implanted the chip, thought of the cleanup crew and got us out of the hotel."

"I got him with the sedative."

"Oh the hardest part yet."

"Girls, stop!" Chris yelled.

Bianca glowered at me as I shot daggers at her, refusing to back down. Luke pulled my face to his and put a finger to my nose warning me to stop. Bianca reached a screeching halt at the airport and was the first to report to our escorts.

"Are you Agent 96?" they asked her.

"No, I am."

I piped up from the back where Luke had helped me off the car. They looked up at me then at my still bleeding hands.

"We'll take care of you on the plane, order status?"

"Completed and thank you."

Bianca huffed pushing through the escorts to the plane. Luke kept my hands above my head so I wouldn't accidently touch anything and hurt myself worse. He sat me down on the first seat pulling my hands towards him then opened an alcohol bottle.

"Brace yourself, girl."

He warned as he let it rip. I groaned throatily, gritting my teeth to stifle my urge to scream. Bloody alcohol dripped from my hands onto a white towel at my feet while Swedish curse words flooded my thoughts thanks to PewDiePie. Luke wiped them clean then bandaged them up.