Chapter 14

Alyssa

I was sitting on the couch watching a live celebrity gossip show. I usually didn't opt for this, but there was nothing else on. I listened to the host go on and on about celebrity pets. Just as I was about to change the channel, her voice halted me midway. "Are Jason Snow and Christina Griffin back on? We'll tell you that story right after the commercial break." What? He'd just texted me. I sat through irritating commercials until finally the show returned.

"The former superstar couple was spotted at Marciano's Italian restaurant earlier this evening, having dinner. The on-and-off again couple broke up on New Year's Eve over a year ago, following a waterfall of rumors accusing Snow of cheating with a long list of women followed by toxic drug abuse. Jason and Christina had not been seen together since the breakup, but their names still popped up in the media. Christina went on a tour of talk shows running Jason's name through the mud, even admitting to making him beg on his hands and knees,"

But she was still the poor victim.

"She released several singles off her upcoming album, talking about their relationship and even airing dirty laundry, but now it seems the couple might be back on again. A paparazzo caught the two being affectionate once they had exited the restaurant."

They showed a picture where Christina was leaning against his chest with his arms wrapped around her. The next were of her draping her arms around his neck and stroking his arm.

"Their expressions are enough to tell us there is still a spark there."

Chris hopped over the couch landing next to me.

"Your beloved!" he cried.

"Shut up." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"First Nick ignores you, and now Jason is off with that one again."

Nick was angry with me for cancelling dinner that night I had to fly to New York and had been ignoring me for the last couple of days. He was the sulking type so I was giving him his space.

"Hey it's his life." I shrugged.

"It doesn't bother you just a tiny bit?"

I shook my head changing the channel. I'd had enough of this show.

"You okay?" Chris asked.

"If Jason wants to go back to her that's fine."

"I meant about Nick."

Oh great.

He looked up and around then returned to me "Do you have an attraction to Jason?" he asked.

"Chris—"

"Answer the question."

"No."

I stood preparing to leave, when Chris grabbed my wrist and hauled me back onto the couch.

"... There's a small attraction, but that's it. Nothing more and nothing less," I admitted.

"Was that hard?"

I rolled my eyes standing up to leave again, but he pulled me right back.

"Dude, don't make me beat you up." I told him.

"You're about as threatening as a box of bunnies." He chirped, letting me go.

Practically every girl Jason met, famous or not turned into a puddle at his feet. I wasn't going to let myself be a puddle. My attraction to him was next to meaningless. I plugged in my ear buds and rolled onto my side to fall asleep to some dubstep.