Chapter 64

Alyssa

We were 5 hours into our flight already. I'd spent all that time studying the file. Jason would have to handle this one. It was for a girl named Stefania Pelagucci. She was 22 years old, and the daughter of a politician. From her file, she was beautiful, absolutely beautiful and extremely charitable. Jason could handle that easily. What I didn't understand was why she was in the organization in the first place. She had such a comfortable life. She grew up wealthy and always had someone to look after her. She had everything handed to her on a silver platter. She was a relatively new member, but she was part of the IT team along with Samuel Beckinsale who hacked into the IIA database, that was still a crime punishable by death. I gave Jason the file so he could study it for the rest of the flight. We still had 7 and a-half-hours to go. I put my head back, slipping in my ear buds to chill out to some Gemini. We had the whole plane to ourselves, but Jason chose to sit next to me.

I wasn't going to move him, and I was already seated so I let it happen. I'd been kind of mean to him these past two days and I felt bad about it. He'd been so quiet and I never thought I'd be the one to make him so somber, but he needed to be taught a lesson. The smooth sounds of my music were quickly putting me to sleep. I knocked out for I don't know how long, but when I woke up again, it was dark outside. I moved around in my seat and realized I was resting on Jason's shoulder. He had also fallen asleep with his head lightly pressed against mine. A hint of his cologne was wafting to me. I sat up waking him up in the process.

"Sorry." I mumbled, fixing myself in the seat.

"... It's all right; I didn't want to wake you. I guess I fell asleep, too."

My music was still playing in low volume through my ear buds. I looked down at my watch; it was 12 a.m. in LA, which would make it about 9 p.m. in Milan.

"We will be arriving at the airport in about 30 minutes."

The pilot announced. I turned up the volume on my music and disconnected my phone from its charger.

Jason stood up, going to the little bathroom up ahead and spent the rest of the flight in there. I looked out of the window to see it was snowing! How pretty! I searched for the suitcases Lydia had mentioned. There were plenty of warm clothes, so I put on a pair of blue skinnies; some gray knee-high knitted socks and then slipped on a thermal, then a black sweater. Next came a caramel colored leather jacket with matching boots, and a beautiful crème colored scarf with gold accents in it. The seatbelt light came on and Jason exited the bathroom also having changed into warmer clothes. He looked slick in his black leather jacket, gray turtleneck, and dark skinnies. He sat down, buckling his seatbelt and I did the same. The plane began to decrease in altitude until it hit the tarmac. When it came to a complete stop, we were allowed to gather our things and leave. There was supposed to be an escort vehicle waiting for us.

We stepped down to the car and got in. The snow had crunched and stuck to the bottom of our shoes. We were to go straight to the hotel where we would spend one night and meet the order the next day.

"Che ore sono?" which meant what time is it?

The driver glanced at me through the rearview mirror and said, "Sono quasi le 10:00."

he said um... That it was almost 10. "Grazie," I told him.

"You speak Italian?" Jason asked.

"Ha barely, just the basics," I smiled... I smiled at him.

He gave me a small one, but then it faded and he turned away. Half of me wanted to just make up with him and try to get things back to the way they were, but the other half wanted to keep him at bay. I didn't know who to listen to. The car came to a stop in front of a beautifully lit hotel. We stepped off and walked in, pulling our suitcases behind us.