Chapter 35

Jason

It took me a few hours to realize that Alyssa was only trying to make me jealous. I almost laughed out loud at 3 in the morning when it finally sunk in that she beat me at my own game. I was going to have a handful with that girl. It was 6 in the evening and Carly's plan was 20 minutes away from going into effect. She'd done an excellent job finding a club to rent out, and she'd invited many of her friends to come and join us. Now all that was left was to go check on Alyssa. I knocked on the door hearing her invite me in. The sight of her was synonymous with a lot of words: stunning, flawless, enthralling, but it seemed to me that none of those words did her the proper justice.

Her dark skinnies were finely molded to the curves of her legs, and other things that I'd probably be a jerk to point out the size of. Her shimmery blouse complimented the glittering of her hazel eyes and not to mention the silkiness of her chocolate brown hair, softly curled and heavy on her shoulders. I knew I shouldn't be expressing myself this way, but it wasn't as if she could read my thoughts. But I would read my thoughts, so stop Jason. Alyssa smiled shyly under my relentless staring as she disconnected her hair curler. I leaned up against the vanity watching her reach over the bed to pick up her purse. I was tempted to tell Alyssa right then and there how I felt about her, taking advantage of the fact that Carly had gone ahead of us to ensure the club was ready.

Alyssa called out 'one more minute,' as she carried her towel into the bathroom thus killing my momentum. Great, I distracted myself with my phone taking in a breath. When she was ready, we met with Chris and Paul out in the parking lot. I watched her figure as she walked in front of me to the car. Chris smacked me on the arm, shooting me a look. Oops. The club, named Full Throttle, was equipped with a large dance floor and a full stage. Parked and skipped the long line already forming.

Brett waved to us from a table where he and the rest of the team were sitting. I sent Alyssa with Paul and Chris then went to tend to some last minute business. Carly was standing off to the side of the stage with a few of her friends, all dressed nicely in cocktail dresses.

She spotted me coming up and pulled me aside to tell me that she was going to switch it up on me, Carly no.

"I've thought about it, and you have to stop being a weenie. Just get her alone and tell her. I've left some stuff for you on the beach. When you're ready, you can come back." she said.

She's right, I had to stop being a weenie.

I crossed the club to the table and whispered into Alyssa's ear to accompany me back to the villas. Wow, she didn't even argue. Was she really this easy to lure? My nerves were just about killing me the closer we got to the villas. There was very little light at the entrance of the beach when we pulled up. I went around to open Alyssa's door. The moon was shining over the ocean as the waves rolled in, pounding the shoreline. We took off our shoes picking them up then squished our toes in the sand beginning our walk.

"It's so beautiful out here." Alyssa said.

"Especially with that full moon," I added.

"Beware of werewolves." she giggled, looking up at the sky.

Of course she believed in them. Ahead, I could see a campfire pit and stuff to light it. Thank you Carly...

"Let's sit, I have something for you." I said.

We sat around the pit and I gave her the equipment to light the fire. She looked at me skeptically at first, but I assured her I wanted her to do it. The fire grew instantly casting a gentle glow on her face. I looked at her from across the fire already beginning to lose my nerve.