Chapter 28

Alyssa

The scent of cinnamon pancakes woke everyone up. Jason was at the stove with a large stack on a plate. He carried them onto the table lifting up a metal stick and ran it around a triangle. "Breakfast" he called; going over for a pitcher of milk.

We all shuffled around towards the bathrooms. Cold morning air was sweeping in from the bottom of the doors making goose bumps rise on my skin. I pulled a sweater over me then met Jason at the table as he slapped two warm, fluffy pancakes on a plate for me.

I grabbed a container of syrup I suspected was homemade and poured it over my pancakes. I cut a piece off, melting into a puddle at his feet. "These are delicious." I gushed, cutting myself another generous piece.

"Thanks, it's my mom's secret recipe."

"Can your mom adopt me?"

He laughed as the guys finally made their way over. Jason made them serve themselves and took a seat next to me.

My phone, Chris' and Alex's vibrated at the same time. Lilliana must be calling us home. I checked the message reading that the IIA wanted us in New York now to be ready for the treaty signing. Jason flicked his eyes to his vibrating phone. He was quiet for a few seconds then sighed.

"The bakery in LA needs me." He said.

Ryan and Kyle looked up from their plates. "Are you leaving?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah, they need my wet signature for something."

"You're going to leave over a signature?"

"It's business, I have to."

How odd that he had to leave at the same time we did. Maybe Lilliana was right; maybe he was GFA. "Take your time guys, it's not that urgent." He assured.

"Um actually, our aunt is calling us back. My dad is leaving to LA today and he wanted to take us with him." I said.

"I'll take you home then, your dad's kind of scary."

I laughed, glancing at Chris. Yeah, my dad could kill you with a Q-tip, but he was a great, big ole, cuddly teddy bear.

We packed up our stuff and said goodbye to the boys. The pancakes rode with us all the way back to Lilliana's, where my dad was standing on the porch with our suitcases ready to go.

"Geez, does your dad have the plane ready too?" Jason asked, as he came to a stop.

Probably.

"Morning," I called, getting off.

"Good morning, how was the cabin?" Lilliana asked.

My dad shot a suspicious look towards Jason. "Yeah, how was the cabin?"

"Uh, it was fine sir." He answered.

"Good."

I turned back to Jason with a smile. "Thanks for making this trip fun and for the pancakes, I'll have to steal the recipe somehow." I joked.

"You'd have to get past me."

"I have a feeling I could." I whispered with a grin. "Have a safe flight."

"You too."

He shook my dad's hand and John's, kissing Lilliana's. He fisted bumped the guys then got back into his car. As soon as his taillights were in the distance, we packed up into John's truck. Escort vehicles rode with us all the way to the airport where we bypassed all security into a private plane. John led the way inside with five Night Hounds following. The rest stayed on the ground to ensure the flight took off with no problem. I looked out of the window as the plane rolled down the runway. I was kind of going to miss that little town. John tucked his phone away and called our attention.