Chapter 85

Alyssa

Jason had been acting weird the past couple of weeks. He was becoming aggressive in his affection. The minute I walked through the door he would grab me and hold me to him as if I were going to slip away. I'd asked him to tell me what was wrong, but the only thing he would say was that he was happy we'd found a way and that all he wanted from me was to be happy with the arrangement, then before I'd leave he would always tell me to be careful as if danger were extremely near. It was Friday night again and I was going to the inn in Downey to tell him that I had to miss this evening because Lydia had invited me to a gala tonight.

I had to be there, she knew I had nothing to do tonight. Plus she had already gotten me a dress and had it delivered to my house. This was important to her. The gala joined together the 5 organizations. Ground Masters were always invited and they could invite as many of their agents as they wanted. Tonight she had asked Bianca, two other girls named Taylor and Kate, and me. I didn't know Taylor and Kate too well, but they were young just turned 18.

I slipped my key into the lock and went inside. Jason was lying down on the bed bobbing his foot up and down off the bed. I put the key away and climbed onto the bed next to him.

"Hello." I said, placing my head on his shoulder and my hand on his chest.

"Hi."

He turned his head to kiss my cheek and coiled his arms around me.

"Lydia invited me to a gala tonight in Malibu." I told him, running my hand over the material of his shirt.

"You too huh? Scott invited me as well."

"Are you coming?"

He closed his eyes and lazily shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know baby I'm tired." he sighed.

"Aw come on. You know I love to see you in a tux. You said the same thing about my dad's party and that night turned out great."

He opened an eye looking down at me.

"Aha yeah, but this time I really am tired."

I looked at my watch; it was already time to get going if I wanted enough time to get ready. I climbed on top of him and kissed his cheek.

"If you come, I'll be there."

He patted my leg nodding. I slid onto my feet and pulled his shoes off. He rolled onto his side watching me close the door. He really did seem tired. I went for home to start getting ready. The gala began at 8. Lydia had gotten me a black Dolce and Gabbana gown. It went down past my feet, with a solid round neckline and half inch shoulder straps.

I curled my hair and pinned it in ringlets for a few minutes, while I slid on the 5-inch stilettos with a gold tip at the end of the heel. They were a gift from Lydia. Since this is a special occasion, I went a little heavy on the eye makeup. Next I accented with gold jewelry and let my curls down letting them fall over my shoulders. I look pretty darn good if I did say so myself. I gave myself a little twirl in the mirror.

"Aw shucks miss you sure is perty." someone said.

I turned to see Chris standing awkwardly shy at the door. He was faking the shyness of course.

"Haha stop, and thank you."

He walked into the room.

"I turned Daniel down tonight, I'm too tired."

"Oh what is it with all you men being tired?" I asked.

"What all us men?" he asked confused.

Oh no.