Chapter 65

Jason

It rained for a straight week after it caught us outside in her backyard. We didn't get sick luckily, but we really didn't have time to get sick, it was hell week at the IIA. There was this weird bomb scare inside the parking structure and it was horrible trying to find out who it was. It wasn't the GFA surprisingly, it was this new organization named the IIB, the International Intelligence Bureau. They were trying to be like us, their name itself was so similar to ours. The Headmaster was not happy, at all, especially since The Headmaster Chambers sent a note over saying he'd gladly take care of the IIB, but The Headmaster De Las Nieves politely declined and just suggested the IIB be watched for now. I was at home with Ryan. He'd just arrived today. After Paul had moved out, I was speaking to Ryan and suggested he move down to LA to attend a film school out here. It took some work and a few strings had to be pulled, but he'd made the ultimate decision to move to the US.

He was staying with me and would be welcome to do so for as long as he wanted. I'd tried convincing Kyle to do the same, but he was pretty dead set on remaining at the University of Toronto. Of course, there was an underlying reason for this. He didn't want to live in the same city as Christina. What I never told Alyssa, was how badly she'd affected my closest friendships. Kyle and I had had a huge falling out around the 4th time she and I had broken up. He'd tried to warn me about Christina, and I refused to listen. I was willing to end a lifelong friendship just to please her. It was very similar to the fight that I'd had with Paul; only Kyle wasn't sleeping with her. I hoped every night that I hadn't lost Paul as a friend over another girl, but each day that I spent with Alyssa, I was convinced that she was not like Christina, and I had made the right decision not to let Paul come between us. Yet, it wasn't just that he tried to facilitate Christina's attempts; it was more because he had betrayed my trust for four years.

A heartfelt apology would probably make me forgive him, but until he did that, and respected my relationship with Alyssa, we could not be friends. Eventually, I assumed that Kyle would get over his hate for Christina.

Ryan and I were in the game room, bowling a round and other male bonding stuff. He bowled a gutter ball, dragging his feet back. I went up next landing a spare.

"So how's the relationship going?" he asked opening a beer.

"It's going great. Sometimes we get on each other's nerves because we spend so much time together, but if we didn't argue, even just a little bit, it wouldn't be a normal." I laughed as he bowled a strike. "Nice one buddy."

I gripped the ball, looking at it in my hand. "I'm happy for you, you look good. You look hea

lthy and I'm glad." He said.

"Thanks. The IIA has been working me out and making me focus, not to mention that I have to keep up with Alyssa and the bakery. I don't have much time to get into trouble."

"Good! Now, I have some concerns."

"About?"

"About your work, I mean. It's safe for me to be here, right?"

"Of course, you're an Innocent and you're immunized by a number of laws.

"So they don't know, that I know?"

"Only Scott, Lydia, and Alyssa, they're the three most important people who should know. As long as we know, you'll be safe."

He nodded slowly, still appearing unsure of what I was saying.

My phone vibrated next to Ryan. He glanced at it, teasing me over Alyssa's contact name. At this point, it was no secret that I sapped more than a maple tree, and even though Alyssa didn't like it too much, I was corny and cheesy so Alyssa's contact name was, The Reason I'm Happy:). He read the message out to me. She was inviting me to go out with her and her dad tomorrow. He was going to take her to the go-kart track. I had Ryan thumb out a reply then we went back to the game.