Chapter 89

Jason

Tonight was the night that I would finally save Alyssa once and for all from the IIA. They should never hurt her again, and they wouldn't. Every agent needed a secret place where they could go. I had one made a long time ago when I was 15. Living with my boarding family got tough sometimes and I needed to be alone so I'd built a little man cave under a lake. Yes, it was possible to do so.

It was conveniently located by an old warehouse that I now realized was the place I'd told Alyssa I loved her. That warehouse was also a few feet away from Helton Hospital. I could save her then escape. Back then we wouldn't have even guessed that Alyssa would end up there. The walls to my hideout were made of thick iron so the trackers couldn't penetrate. I would disappear from the radar. They wouldn't be able to find me as long as I had iron around me.

Scott had given me the day off saying I should spend New Year's with family. I accepted, but my plans stated otherwise. The day felt weird, I guess because I knew what was coming and that it was coming soon. Ryan was sitting with me in the living room. We were playing Grand Theft Auto. I wasn't paying too much attention. I was actually becoming detached with the present, which was good because this present would no longer be. There was a decision I had made a few days ago that was weighing down on me because it could go two ways. One, it worked and I lived, or two, it failed and I died. Either one was fine, but truly accepting that I could die was tough.

If the IIA caught us escaping, we were both dead. I was risking her life, which I shouldn't, but if this worked then everything would be fine. I loved her too much to let her be stuck in there. The watch she'd given me was on my wrist. The time was actually ticking fairly quickly. It was 7:2... 7:27. I stared down at the watch forgetting that I was playing. It was 7:27pm. I'd give anything right now, anything at all to have her here with me safely. To be able to ring in the New Year without worrying that in seconds or minutes we could die.

Just to have her here, and be happy. No hiding, no sneaking around, have her here as my girlfriend, my known girlfriend and just be with her. She had me wrapped around her little finger and like I'd told Ryan a while back... that was okay because I knew she wouldn't use it against me. She had me whipped, as some might say, but she had me on the right track was all. That was all she wanted for me, to be on the right back. She would probably tell me that my plan was a bad one and that she didn't want me to get hurt.

Well because of the fact that she didn't want me to get hurt, she was the one who had gotten hurt. I would get my chance to tell her that I was sorry, and that this would never happen again. There were only so many times that the IIA could win. Tonight was not one of them. Tonight it would be me who won. It hurt me both ways that I was going against the IIA. Aside from the bakery... they were all I knew. I never thought the IIA could hurt me the way they had, but I guessed in a way it was my fault.

Maybe if we had listened, and had done things right, then maybe we could have one day gotten back together and be out right. We wouldn't have had to hide around anymore. We could have been like we used to. But we didn't wait, because we couldn't. We were kids, in love, and we didn't make the right decision. They were right; we weren't capable of making our own decisions.

Think with your mind and never your emotions...

I didn't listen to her dad then, but I would now. My decision, although I was angry and hurt, was thought through and it was the best decision I had made so far. It might hurt, but it had to be done, right? When would Lydia let her out? I didn't know, but as far as I was concerned, she was getting out tonight.

Ryan called out my name and asked what was wrong. I shook my head telling him I was still tired from Paris. I'd need to talk to him tonight. There was a knock at my door ending his questioning. I stood up leaving him in the living room and went to answer it. Bianca? She looked around asking if she could come in. I stepped aside and took her upstairs to my office. From her face she looked a bit nervous and like she shouldn't be here. She closed the door and took her coat off. She took off her coat revealing a nude colored onesie.