Chapter 17

I grabbed the hand, bending it inward as I whipped around to see who it was. It was a man in a hoodie with a large object poking out of his front pocket. He tried pulling out his gun, but I bent his wrist further kicking his kneecaps in. He landed on them crying out in pain. I raised my hand delivering a smack across his face sending him onto the asphalt. He slid his finger over the trigger steadily pointing the gun at me.

"What do you want?" I asked. He grimaced touching his stinging face.

"Everything you got to give Me." he sneered, standing up.

I stared at him, feeling my blood pump faster through my whole body.

"Come get it."

My hand was gripping the stun gun inside my purse as he lunged towards me. I kicked the gun out of his hand and jamming the stun gun into his neck in the same quick movement. He grunted trying to fight it struggling to lift his hand. Suddenly he slapped it onto my wrist with a metal bracelet I had on and passed the current through me. My breath caught in my throat while the rest of my body pulsed and my muscles locked. I released the button then my body crumpled into the pavement. My muscles twitched in jerky movements, leaving me helpless. The man hunched over me reaching for my purse.

I squeezed my eyes, struggling to move my leg. It contracted just a bit. The man was beginning to pick through it despite his slowed movements. I strained, letting desperation numb out the shock of the stun gun. He pulled out my phone when suddenly my foot slammed into his body. I forced myself up kicking him again and grabbed both the purse and stun gun. I shoved it into his neck again, letting it rip, just to make sure he was down. His shaking ceased as he passed out. I took off towards my car, struggling with my tense muscles. I stumbled against the car door, dropping my keys then sunk onto my knees with a shooting pain running down the side of my head.

When I awoke again, I was lying in my bed with a terrible headache. I sat up falling right back onto my pillow. My head was throbbing and my eyes were hurting.

"Good morning." a man said.

I recognized that voice to be my dad's.

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my throbbing temples.

"That's what I'm here to ask, why weren't you in bed?"

He came to sit beside me to reach for my face. I winced as his fingers lightly ran across the large bruise surely forming around my eye.

"Jack found you passed out in the parking lot and be brought you home. Were you drinking?"

"Of course not."

"Then what happened?"

"I was going to my car when this guy came up behind me. He was trying to steal my purse so I tased him and he grabbed my wrist using the bracelet as a conductor. It shocked me too, but I managed to make it to the car. I must have passed out." I explained.

My dad sighed, sliding a hand around my cheek. "Please be careful in the future. Someone could really hurt you if they catch you off guard." He said, with furrowed brows.

"I will, I'm sorry."

"I'm not angry, I'm concerned. With Chris in the hospital we can't have something happening to you too."

He leaned over and kissed my forehead asking me to rest.

I got up to check the damage in the mirror as he said goodbye and closed the door. The area near the bottom of my eye was blackening and my arm was slightly red from the taser shock. It was nothing a little makeup couldn't fix.