Chapter 90

Alyssa

"Are you ready?" he asked and I nodded still shaking.

"Hey, look at me, we're gonna be okay."

He gave me a small smile clasping my hand. The surveillance light flashed over the ground. When it passed, we stepped onto the courtyard and started running to the next hallway. The guards were scanning every corner with flashlights and IIA dogs. It seemed almost the entire international set was looking for us, but we knew them too well and could easily get away from them. We stopped behind a large pillar and Jason looked around it to see where we'd go next. The IIA dogs were about to be released to freely look for us. He stiffened pressing his back into the pillar. I stared at him; he looked deep in thought. He gripped my hand looking around the pillar again.

"The Night Hounds are here." He said.

I gasped, we were high profile now and they would take us dead or alive.

We were in so deep. The light rose up to the pillar and stayed on there for several seconds; they knew we were here. Jason pushed off of it pulling me after him, when suddenly the light landed directly on us and the guards began firing away. Hundreds of bullets whizzed past us as we ran. Dogs barked crazily being pulled on by their leashes, as the Night Hounds set their targets. I could feel the dozens of red dots on my back.

My legs were beginning to buckle; this was it. We managed to dodge all the bullets somehow and hid behind pillar after pillar. Boots pounded on the concrete as orders were being shouted.

"To the wall," Jason told me dragging me along.

He cupped his hands boosting me up and over the wall. He jumped over and we slid down a hill. My legs scraped along the ground tearing the skin in the process.

Jason groaned beginning to bleed from his legs too.

"Come on I got you." I said taking his arm.

We had to get out of sight

"Follow me Alyssa." he told me, leading me towards a large wooden building up ahead of us.

We crawled in through a hole between the dirt floor and the wooden wall finding ourselves in a vast dark room.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

He didn't answer me; instead he flipped on the switch illuminating the room. It was where he first told me he loved me, at the old warehouse...

"I've secured a good two minutes. Go without me Alyssa." he gently ordered, as sternness brimmed in his saddened blue eyes.

"I can't leave you Jason, I refuse to go. We can get out of this together, please." I argued, but he only shook his head, figuratively slipping away from me.

"You'll be safer away from me and that is all that matters right now." He said.

"You promised me you'd take care of me. Just take me away, I need you."

"I am taking you away; you'll never feel this pain again. I promise you."

He lifted his hand, softly placing it on my cheek. Sadness and anger stormed in his eyes, producing a small tear to trickle down his face.

"I love your eyes don't ever let them cry for a guy."

I resisted his advice and cried for him.

"I love you." He said pressing his lips against mine in our last kiss.

Lasting an eternity in my mind, he pulled away whispering, "It'll all be okay."

***