Chapter 9

Alyssa

Lydia was waiting for me in the underground parking lot with Luke, Chris, and another girl named Bianca Chamberlain. Bianca was beautiful, without a doubt. She had dyed bluish-black shoulder length hair and porcelain skin. Her eyes were dark brown and almond shaped. Yet despite her pleasant features that were loveliest when she smiled, which was a rare occurrence, she was condescending, competitive, rude, and envious in every way. Bianca loathed the fact that for the 7th straight year I'd taken up the top female position in the rank. She thrived on my misery, even if it was a simple discomfort I felt.

So long as I wasn't 100%, she was complete. Sometimes we got along and other times, we were practically each other's targets. Lydia apologized for calling me in despite my stab wound, but she wanted someone like me, as she put it. Bianca rolled her eyes, not bothering to hide her irritation. Lydia curled her finger at us to follow her to her office. It was rare when agents worked together so this meant the order was of high importance if she was using 4.

Lydia opened a file and began reading the details. Our target was named William Bradford and he was staying at the Iris Hotel in New York City. We had to sedate him and implant a tracking chip. As Lydia handed each of us an overview, she entrusted the chip to me. We left in thirty minutes and had until midnight eastern time to complete it. She gave Bianca the file, dismissing us. As we exited, Bianca nearly ripped my arm off yanking it back. Her eyes were wide with anger.

"I thought you were out of commission." She said.

"It's just a stab, I'm not a baby." I told her, yanking my arm from her vice like grip.

"I could've handled this myself. I don't need you or these two."

"I have no doubt, but we don't control our orders."

She glared at me ready to throw back the next sentence when Dahlia cheerily rose from her desk and directed us to the changing rooms by the break room. I slipped on the leggings; flat boots and black blouse that were there then met the others at the elevator. Dahlia personally escorted us down to the garage where a black IIA marked Cadillac Escalade was waiting for us. We climbed in and the driver rolled down the back window where I was, to allow Lydia to give us her final words. She asked me to place the chip in the pocket especially sewn in the leggings.

"This is your most dangerous order yet. This man is a trained killer and will not hesitate in killing four kids." She warned.

"We'll be back." I assured her.

Lydia nodded, watching us leave the parking structure. Bianca was already on her phone tracking Bradford's location. According to the file, they had managed to implant a temporary tracker in his car. He traded cars every evening so there was never a sure way to know where he was, until tonight. The driver pulled into a secluded area of LAX where two escort agents were waiting for us with guns at their waists. We stepped off the car and followed them to the staircase. I stood at the bottom to make sure everyone went into the plane.

Bianca eyed me up and down and slipped a hair tie from her wrist holding it up to me. I took it from her, tying my hair into a ponytail as she ascended into the plane. The pilots sealed up the entrance then started down the airstrip. We would get to New York around 10'clock Eastern Time and Bradford was expected to return to the hotel around 11. We'd have about an hour to kill once we arrived, giving us enough time to visit an old friend of mine. Bianca scoffed at my suggestion snapping at me for being so unprofessional. I bit my tongue to remain calm then explained that this friend was a White Collar agent. We needed a way to blend in with everyone at the hotel and Jared Hubbard would be able to get us uniforms so we could get in and out unnoticed.