Chapter 86

We'd reached the end of the November, working day in and day out. Today was no different. Lydia was ready to hand us our orders and gave us one in Redondo Beach, then told me that later on I had to come for a solo order. We accepted the work and went out to our cars. Sounded like a pretty good day. The order was to kidnap a kid. I hadn't kidnapped in a long, long time. The kid in question was named Charlie Greene. He was 7 years old and the son of a GFA agent who had broken into an information Intel block and burned it down.

Now it was time to get him back for it. I got off the car with Luke behind me. Charlie was hanging off the monkey bars from his legs. I walked up to him directly and began speaking.

"Hey little guy," I said.

"Hi." he replied.

"Watcha doing?"

"Playing,"

He hopped off going to the slide.

"Are you here by yourself?"

Charlie shook his head.

"Mommy and daddy around?"

"No, just my nanny,"

"You know, my friend Luke has some candy." I said.

Charlie stopped at the slide.

"Yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah, would you like some?"

"Sure."

"Come on."

When he passed in front of me I slipped a needle into his neck giving him a small dose of thiopental. He collapsed in my arms and I carried him to Luke's car. The nanny started calling out to Charlie and screamed for help when she saw me putting Charlie inside the car. Luke hit the gas pedal speeding off and I jumped into mine. She chased after us screaming for help. We went in different directions, Luke to drop him off at a different location, and I to The Den.

Lydia was about to leave for a meeting, but took a few minutes to assign my order. She gave me the file and then left her office. I stayed for a little bit to read the order. It was for a man named Kristof Raye. He was 22 and a member of the WMD. This required a woman for the reason that he was socially awkward with men. He made better friends with women and trusted them a whole lot more. He was going to be at a hotel in Hermosa Beach.

I had to check into a room and then go down to the bar and as a side note, he was into sweet girls. I could be sweet, right? Well, I would try my hardest to come off as sweet. I parked in a spot near the entrance of the hotel then walked to the front desk. The girl politely greeted me and booked me a room. It on the first floor: room 13. Some might say that was an unlucky number. I checked myself out in the mirror then went down to the bar.

It took me a few minutes to find Kristof Raye. But his blonde hair caught my eye when he walked in. The stool next to me was the only one available so he had no choice but to sit there. Once he did he asked for a glass of water. I looked at him timidly and smiled shyly turning away. I heard a light laugh come from him. He cleared his throat and said hi. I looked at him once again.

"Hi."

I smiled. He had golden blonde hair and crystal blue eyes.

"You're really pretty." he said.

I made myself blush and looked down at the counter.

"Thank you, you're really cute yourself."

He smiled extending his hand out.

"My name is Kristof."

"Alyssa."

"You, staying here by yourself Alyssa?"