Chapter 67

Alyssa

After my quick shower, I changed into a cute dress with a peacock feather design printed on it. I left my hair down in soft curls and covered my bruise with makeup. I didn't want anyone to think Jason was the one that put it there if we were going out in public. Jason was sitting downstairs, sharing a bowl of grapes with Matthew. Jason stood, shaking Matthew's hand, then held up a black blindfold.

I raised a brow with a questioning look. He only gave me a little wink before placing it over my eyes. I called back a goodbye to Matthew as Jason helped me out of the house and into his car. He rolled down the windows and pulled out of my driveway. I asked him where we were going, and all he told me was that there was a special place he wanted me to see so I had to be patient. Patient, he wanted me to be patient. I see. I tapped my nails on the door, then on the dashboard. Where were we going? Why was he telling me to be patient, I couldn't be patient!

Jason petted the back of my head and told me to just sit tight because we would make it there soon. I tried listening to the outside to see where we were going, but I couldn't figure it out. Finally the car came to a stop. There were birds outside, so maybe some kind of park? Or the forest, was he going to release me into the wild? Jason opened my door and gave me his hand to step out of the car. Almost there, we're almost there. My feet were walking over dirt and random rocks, maybe the forest, but we hadn't driven all that long.

He led me forward by my hand and the small of my back. We stepped onto grass and crossed through it for a couple of minutes then we stepped onto something wooden. Jason put me into place then untied the blindfold.

I looked around, in a state of awe. I knew exactly where we were; the rose gardens in Exposition Park. There was a little trellis gazebo type of structure right in the middle of the garden, which was where we were. He curled himself around me, resting his chin on my shoulder. "I reserved this for us for a few hours."

"How?"

He turned me around in his embrace. "Kind of crazy rich, remember?" he smiled.

"It's so beautiful here, thank you."

I reached up on the tips of my toes to kiss his cheek then hugged him. He let go, turning around to pick up a picnic basket that I had apparently completely missed. We sat down in the middle of the gazebo, then Jason began to take the contents out of the basket. He had made special turkey, bacon and avocado sandwiches with jalapenos, pickles, lettuce, spinach and a whole bunch of other stuff. I think this boy loved me.

"Wow, you got literally all my favorites into this." I said.

"I know." he grinned, pleased with himself. "I might listen to everything you tell me."

I could already feel my cheeks turning pink. He placed soda cans at my feet and opened another container with slices of cheeses and meats. He next took out a cutting board, but then started fumbling around the basket.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think I forgot a knife." he answered.

"Oh." I reached for my ankle strap and pressed the button to my switchblade. Jason took it from me, chuckling for a moment.

"It's times like these I forget who we are."

"Some people might think we're crazy."

"I think we are."

He cut the slices into smaller pieces then finally he pulled a beer bottle for himself.

"Are you going to make me drink alone?" he asked.

"It's not quite time yet." I replied, opening my can of soda.

"I never though I'd have an underage girlfriend."