Chapter 42

My next two orders were nothing short of creepy. The club order had gone smoother than anticipated. The music was blaring with trumpets and drums. I walked in finding my way to the bar. The intended target was supposedly a notorious drunk, so as all drunks, he was at the bar finishing an entire vodka bottle by himself. He looked right at me and banged on the counter top calling out to me in English. When I didn't immediately move or respond, he switched over to Spanish. I walked over to him and he pulled my head down so he could speak into my ear over the music.

"I know who you are." He said.

The man stood up, pulling me along to his room that was also on the first floor. He opened the door then sat on the bed like the last one had done.

"I know who you are. You are Alyssa Winters, Agent 96 for the IIA."

I stood there quietly, my heart beating rapidly in anticipation.

"I have done so many bad things as part of the GFA, so many innocent people, gone. Just do it, sedate me, come," I decided to just stay quiet; it was easier.

He pulled his collar down, exposing his neck as I stepped up to him with the thiopental syringe. I slipped the needle into his skin causing him to glance up at me.

"The GFA is evil, they do very evil things and they are coming."

He closed his eyes drooping over the bed. 

I walked out of the room to go hang out at the bar. I listened to the music, turned down offers to dance and had a glass of water to come down from the anxiety clenching my chest. This felt like a trap and I wanted to tell Lydia, but my indoctrinated belief to finish every order no matter the circumstances held me back. I had to finish the last order. Everything would be fine.

I returned to my room to get some sleep. My third order was at noon the next day and required the bikini. I needed to get into this man's circle and he was apparently fond of young and curved ladies. My phone vibrated on the nightstand. Jason. Not being in the mood to deal with a relationship issue, I told him I'd text him in the morning. When I woke up at 10 a.m., I slipped the red, teeny bikini under my clothes to be prepared to go right over then went down to breakfast. From the restaurant window, I could see my order sitting under a white cabana with dozens of beautiful women surrounding him. This was going to be difficult.

My attention split towards my phone when I remembered I had to text Jason. He read my message as soon as I sent it and immediately called me.

"Hello?" I answered, setting my fork down.

"Alyssa, hey..." he trailed off.

"Good morning, how was your day yesterday?"

"It was good, can I come see you or can you come see me?"

"I can't right now, but maybe later on in the day. We really need to talk." I said.

"Yeah... We really do."

Call me paranoid, because well I was... but that sounded like breakup talk. Thanks dad.

"I'll go to you." I said.

"Alright, and again I'm really sorry for not showing up yesterday. I feel terrible, but I couldn't get out of a meeting."

"Its fine, but I have to go."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up and took the last bite of my breakfast. It was getting close to noontime. I paid the tab walking to the beach entrance through the hotel. It was a private section for all their high-paying patrons. They checked my name with the front desk records seeing that I was staying in a suite and let me right in. A few more women had joined his circle since the last time I'd looked in his direction. His guards were standing in a ring around the entire area. Their black suits stood out greatly from the bright colors everyone else was wearing. I removed my clothes leaving the red bikini on then walked up to the guard standing in front of the cabana.