Chapter 25

Lilliana and John had spent the last hour lecturing Chris, Alex, and me about going to the cabin.

"The GFA is still watching you. You three shouldn't go. For all we now Jason is GFA and he's luring you into a trap." Lilliana said.

"How is Jason Snow going to be a GFA agent? He wouldn't have the time." I replied.

"You don't find it a bit odd that he's here when you're here?"

"He didn't know I'd be here. We hadn't spoken for a while."

"Which only proves that he is GFA."

"John, talk to her." I pleaded.

I looked at my dad who raised a fist, urging me to be strong. Fight the power. John placed his hands on Lilliana's shoulders, speaking to her in a soft and assuring tone.

"I'll send a group of Night Hounds to cover them without the Innocents knowing." He compromised.

"Lilliana, the kids will be fine. She is gent 96 after all and Alex wouldn't have been named the in-house if he weren't capable of protecting her and Chris. John can send the Night Hounds and I'll make a couple of rounds." My dad offered.

Lilliana sighed with a groan.

"I trust my daughter and I trust your brother as well as your husband, not to mention Chris. They're going to be okay." My dad continued.

"Fine, but John is sending the night hounds and Nathaniel if you're willing to make rounds, I'll join you." She finally said.

"You're pregnant, I don't think that's prudent."

"I'll be fine."

"So..." I trailed off.

"You can go."

Headlight flashed in the window bringing a grin to my face. "Cool, because he's already here." I laughed, grabbing my overnight bag. Lilliana called out to us from the door like a worried mother. Alex and Chris greeted Jason with a fist bump. He glanced at me, smiling before giving me an awkward side hug. We really had to work on this, meh, later. We loaded up our bags in the truck and climbed in clipping our seatbelts. Jason had the radio on some pop station that provided awful, overplayed music all the way into Darling where we picked up Kyle and Ryan. Well, this certainly wouldn't be the first time I'd ridden in a car where there were more people than were supposed to fit.

Jason got off to greet them in front of the headlight. My eyes drifted to the rearview suddenly catching a dark figure down the road. I snapped my head to Alex and pointed to the back window. He turned cautiously tensing up at the sight.

"We gotta go take care of that right now." I said. "Chris, keep them distracted."

Alex and I got out quietly then took off running towards what we'd seen. It looked as though there was someone there standing with a flashlight to their feet.

I turned on my phone's flashlight and shined it at the person. It was a man with a stoic face. Alex pulled on my arm to stay back while he went up to the man. "Agent 96 only." he growled. I stood as tall as I could, keeping my gaze fixed on his.

A paper was snapped in my face, but I didn't even flinch. He belonged to the GFA. I'd never flinch for the GFA. I took the paper as Alex stepped in front of me pushing the man back to let me read it.

Good evening Agent 96,

This is a message from the Headmaster of the Grand Federal Association. I would very much like to apologize for any inconvenience that has come through on behalf of agents from our organization. I shall be giving you a proper apology in person in two days when the treaty is signed in New York. I have sent orders for all agents to remove themselves from the country of Canada, you are considered safe.