(29)~ Darth Plagueis The Wise

(Anakin's POV)

I was sent to meet the chancellor in a theater. I passed several people on my way there. Most of them seeming to be senators.

"You wanted to see me Chancellor?" I asked almost bending down next to his seet.

"Ah yes Anakin I have good news. " He replyed.

"Our clone intelligence units have discovered the whereabouts of general grievous. He's hiding in the Outipow System,"

"Finally we be able to capture that monster and end this war." I felt as if I could rest knowing that that monster would die soon. Maybe Dooku could meet him in hell.

"Sit down," Palpatine turned to the other people sitting next to him. "Leave us." I sat down right next the the Chancellor in one of the black lether seats. It gave me more of an eerie feeling from the bubble in the center of the meeting. It was something to look at, I guess.

"Anakin, you know that I'm not able to rely on the Jedi council. They have included you in their plot?" Why would the Chancellor care? Why is it any of his buisness?!

"I'm not sure I understand." I spoke.

"You must sense what I have come to suspect. The Jedi council wants control over the senate. They are planing is betray me."

"I don't think-" That can't be possible.

"Anakin search you feelings, you know it to be true. You know don't you?"

"I know they don't trust you. "

I havint thought about it that way in a long time. What happend to the whole council and not just a few people! I know council sets aren't given out like party invitations!

"Or the senate. Or the republic. Or democracy for that matter."

"I have to admit, my trust in them has been shaken." It was true. They had always looked at me as a child even though I am grown up. I'm starting a family for heaven sake!

"Why? They asked you to spy on me. Didn't they?"

"I don't uh- I don't know what to say."

"Remember back to your early teachings, all who gain power are afraid to lose it. Even the Jedi," What are you saying?

"The Jedi use their power for good,"

"Good is only a point of view Anakin." He went on. "The sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way. Including their quest for greater power."

"The sith rely on their passion for strength, they think in words only about themselves. "

"And the Jedi don't?"

"The Jedi are selfless, they only care about others."

"Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

I look over. "No,"

"I though not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a sith legend. Darth Plagueis had such a knowledge of the dark side he could even influence the mediclearians to create life. He could even keep the ones he cared about from dying." Wait? He could save people?! I can't fail now I'm so close!

"He could actually save people from death?"

"The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

"What happened to him?"

"He became so powerful. The only thing that he was afraid of: losing his power. Which avencholly he did. Unfortunately he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. It's ironic, he could save others from death. But not himself."

"Is it possible to learn this power?"

"Not from a Jedi,"