(38)~ Safety

Y/N's POV)

What's going on? The Jedi temple is smoking! Something isn't right I have to go down there on my own. I threw on my Jedi robe to try and hide my pregnant belly from the whole world, when a ship landed on the docking bay.

I ran after him as fast as I could, which wasn't very fast at all.

"Anakin!" I said as soon as he held me in his arms. "Are you alright? I heard there was an attack on the Jedi temple, I was going to go after you when I could see the smoke from here."

He kissed me before running his hands through my hair and saying, "I'm fine, I'm fine. I just came to make sure you and the baby are safe."

"What's going on?" I asked in fear trying to hide everything.

"The Jedi have tried to overthrow the Republic,"

"I can't believe that," I say in shock.

"I saw Master Windu attempt to assassinate the Chancellor myself,"

"Oh Anakin, what are you going to do?" He turns his back on me stepping away for a breather.

"I will not betray the Republic! My loyalties lie with the Chancellor and with the senate, and with you," He said stepping back closer to me.

"What about Obi- Wan?"

"I don't know, many Jedi have been killed. We can only hope that he has remained loyal to the Chancellor."

"Anakin I'm afraid," I say as my eyes watering up asking for him to only sooth me.

He ran his fingers again through my curly hair saying. "Have faith my love. Soon everything will be set right. The Chancellor has given me a very important mission." He says with disgust "The Separatists have gathered on the Mustafar system.I'm going there to end this war, wait for me until I return. Things will be different I promise," He rests a hand under my chin and kisses me. "Please wait for me,"

I watch as he sets back off into his ship leaving me alone to think about all of this. I'm so worried for him! I want him to be safe! I want all of this to end, I want to be with him and raise our child together without having to leave the Jedi order! But the Chancellor? This is all mad! Something is happening! I'm not the Jedi I should be! I want to live an honest life with my husband! Is that to hard to ask for?!

I didn't want him to leave of course, but he will set things right. I promise is a promise!