(36)~ Betrayal

I pulled a ship out of the hanger and went after the chancellor's office. It was finally time, I had to do what is right.

Several of the Jedi masters were dead on the floor with Mace pinning the chancellor against the wall with his saber in his face threatening to kill him.

"You are under arrest my lord," Mace sneers that Palpatine,

"Anakin," He pleed, "I told you it would come to this! The Jedi are taking over!"

"The appreciation of the Sith will never return. You have lost." Mace reminded.

"No!" The old man growled, "You have lost!" He said sending a wave of sith lightning out at Mace. "He's a traitor!" Palpatine said as the lightning bounced off into his face.

"He is the traitor Anakin!" Mace shouted out to me.

"I have the power to save the one you love, you must chose!" He says geting weaker.

"Don't listen to him Anakin!"

"Don't let him kill me! I can't hold it any longer I'm too weak." I watched as his face began to wrinkle and sag. "Anakin help me!"

"I'm going to end this once and for all-"

"You can't. He must stand trial."

"He has control of the senate and the court! He too dangerous to be kept alive!"

"I'm too weak don't kill me please!" He pleads.

"You can't it's not the Jedi way! He must live!" I say trying to end this. "I need him!"

Mace raised his saber to kill him while I scream. "Nooo!" And I chopped off his hand and he was force pushed out the window.  Mace screamed and was clearly in alot of pain as I stepped back and waited for the death blow.

"What have I done?" I instantly sit down on the closest lage as Mace Windu had just died in front of me and I was his undoing.

"You fulfilling your destiny." He says in a deep ashy tone. "Become my apprentice. Learn to use the Dark Side of the Force."

I say sweating and panting. "I will do whatever you ask,"

"Gooooood," He says with a deep sigh.

"Just help me save (Y/N)'s life. I can't live without her." I pleed,

"Yes, to cheat death is a power only one has achieved. But if we work together I know we can discover the secrets." I had to. I have gotten this far, I must save her!

I fall onto my knees. "I pledge myself, to your teachings."

"Good, the Force is strong with you, a powerful Sith you will become. As forth, you shall be known as Darth-" He stopped for a second to think, "Vader,"

"Thank you my master,"

"Rise," He says as I obey. "Because the council did not trust you my young apprentice, you will know that the Jedi have no knowledge of this part,"

"I agree the council's next move will be against the Senate."

"Every single Jedi, including your friend Master Kenobi is now an enemy of the republic,"

"I understand, Master,"

"We must move quickly, the Jedi are relentless and if not all destroyed it will only bring civil war without end." He continued. "First I want you to go to the Jedi Temple, you will catch them off balance. Do what must be done, do not hesitate, show no mercy. Only then will you be strong enough in the Dark Side to save (Y/N),"

"What about the other Jedi, spread out across the Galaxy?"

"Their betrayal will be dealt with." He went on, "After you have wiped out the Jedi in the Temple, go to the Mustafar system, wipe out Viceroy Gunray and the other separatist leaders. Once more the Sith will rule the Galaxy, and we will have peace,"