Chapter 114

A/N: Super sorry about the late update. I've forgotten about everything lately. Anyway, this isn't the last chapter. There's 6 more and an epilogue all finished and everything. Hopefully I remember to post them. :D

April 3019 TA

Rúmil and Orophin both looked at each other. They were almost there, they could hardly have been a half a day away. Then a surge of emotion ran through them. Both were on the verge of passing out. Haldir, no!

*

"Your Majesty!" Someone cried. Aragorn, Éomer, Thranduil, and even Legolas, the Sons of Elrond, and the Prince of Dol Amroth looked up at the sound of the call. The messenger, at first confused by the sudden reaction by a number of people, paused and then turned to Thranduil whose eyes now glittered with confusion. "Something is happening, by your tent- some sort of light." Legolas and Thranduil looked at each other, alarm racing through both of their eyes.

"Light?" Thranduil asked in confusion.

"Er," the messenger started. "A glow really, kind of like your people give off anyway, but it's really bright and er..."

Aragorn leapt forward as then both father and son clutched at their hearts. It was sudden and quite unexpected, both of them reacting the exact same way at the same time. Their eyes started rapidly blinking. Taenron was already rushing toward them. The Elvenking was the first to recover, his mouth parting in surprise.

Legolas was still in shock, but his eyes found his father's and knew they were experiencing the same thing. Ada, he said softly. His father shut his eyes, a weird sensation overcoming him. He had quite the large hole inside, after losing so much, but it seemed to be filling, but with what?

Everyone else watched in concern. The Valar knew neither of them could take much more. Taenron reached his king's side and was trying to steady him, when Thranduil's eyes snapped wide open. "Out of my way," Thranduil said, pushing his Captain off and going, rather quickly, toward the tent. Legolas followed quickly after while Aragorn internally debated whether to follow. Gandalf stopped him.

"Wait," he said. "Let us see what has happened." Aragorn hesitatingly obliged, waiting.

Father and son reached it at the same time, and stopped sudden in their amazement and confusion. The tent was giving off light, and it seemed to come from within. Thranduil moved forward slowly, unwilling to give himself hope. He put a hand on the flap of the tent, and then exchanged another glance with his son. Then he took a deep breath, and pushed the flap aside. After being blinded by the light, they both blinked into the light. When their eyes adjusted enough, or the light faded enough, neither were sure which, they finally saw what they were looking for.

What they saw, shocked them to their core.

*

Haldir blinked, remembering what had happened. Then, he tried to figure out his surroundings, but could not. He jumped slightly, as he felt Almiel's presence near him. He looked around, but his surroundings were the same, a white flood of light or water- he was not sure which, perhaps it was both. He thought he saw a flash of color, but it raced by in the swirls of white around him.

Then he heard Almiel's laugh, and it touched him as nothing else. He then laughed as well, the first he had in weeks. he felt something grab his hand. By instinct again, he knew it was the Princess. He grabbed her hand back, intent on never letting go again, and he felt something explode inside of both of them.

"And so two will become one, bound eternally in love."

"Was that?" Haldir asked, awed by both the voice and what it said.