Chapter 44

c.2810 TA

Almiel and Haldir arrived in the city quite quickly and they stopped by Almiel's guest quarters where she went inside and quickly changed and put her bloom in a small bowl of water where it floated quite beautifully on top. She came out and they went straight to the Healer flet where she found the two Elves laying on beds, unconscious with their eyes shut. She examined them, touching them once or twice before standing.

I shall need your help. She told Haldir. They are still very weak. Almiel knelt next to the first one, who had black hair and she remembered grey-blue eyes. The other looked more like her own people with blonde hair, but she did not remember his eyes much. She placed her hand on the first Elf's forehead and started singing softly. Haldir stood next to her, hand on her shoulder supplying her with a steady amount of strength that he had not yet figured out where it came from. She sang quietly like that for an hour or more, pouring a rather large amount of power into the words and the Elf's soul.

It was then that the Elf awoke quite suddenly and Almiel's voice quieted. "Where… where am I?" The Elf asked, scared he was back in Dol Gulder and that the voice that had lightened his dreams was nothing more than a dream.

"You are in Lórien, and this is all quite real I assure you. You were rescued only yesterday."

"My soul feels so much lighter." Almiel smiled.

"It should, I have been healing you for a good deal of time."

"I thank you then… What is your name?"

"Almiel," she said softly.

"Almiel…" he said, rolling the name on his tongue, "I shall be in your debt then, for taking my nightmare away."

"Nay, no one owes me anything. I only do what I was made for."

"Perhaps…" The Elf shifted slightly, "I do not remember the last time I saw the sun as I do now, but somehow my eyes do not hurt, and that is no small feat of healing."

"Neither is the fact that you are now speaking." Almiel said, "But you still owe me nothing." The Elf blinked in gratitude but was finding himself tired.

"Sleep," Almiel said, "Your body deserves to rest undisturbed for a time."

The Elf nodded, but seemed hesitant, "No nightmares shall plague you." Almiel added sensing his new fear. "Sleep," she whispered softer and placed her hand on his arm where warmth spread up his arm and enclosed him in a rather cozy state of mind.

"I suppose I shall…" The Elf muttered, his eyes already drooping. Elf he may be, but after what he had gone through, he now slept with his eyes shut for the time being. "Almiel…" he said.

"What is it?" She asked.

"My name… its Tavaro."

"Well met, Tavaro." She said softly as he fell asleep peacefully for perhaps the first time in decades.

It was silent for a minute. Then Haldir spoke softly, "How long was he there?"

"Decades… I know not how he survived."

"He must be a fighter." Haldir said. Almiel moved to go and do the same for the next Elf, but Haldir grabbed her by the arm. Is it wise? Or should you rest, and perhaps eat first? You haven't eaten since you've been here, and I know you're hungry.

Almiel sighed. Sometimes it still freaks me out that you can feel me and I can't do the same to you like I can to everyone else.

Perhaps I am here to let you know how it feels to everyone else.