Chapter 2

Manik bent forward to catch the phone in time before it crashed onto the floor.

"Holy Shit!!!" a voice came from behind.

Manik turned around...the phone now secure in his grip. The second ring too had gone silent.

"You almost caused me a heart attack dude!! That would have cost me 700 Swiss francs. But thank heavens its ok." The guy mumbled.

"Don't worry, I had it covered" Manik handed over the brand new Iphone 6s to the guy.

"But you didn't tell me why exactly were you fiddling with my phone?"

"Uh it was lying here and then someone called.." Manik was trying to put together a convincing justification. He knew he didn't have one. It was quite embarrassing to have been caught peeping into someone's mobile almost on the verge of spilling it.

"Chill dude, Neel here." The guy extended his hand.

"Manik. Glad to meet you." Manik shook his hand.

The phone started ringing again. This time Neel picked up "Hi sweetheart" and waving a hand towards Manik he casually walked out of the washroom.

Manik stood there for a while, trying to recall the image.. An innocent smiling face, chubby cheeks and beautiful doe eyes half covered with long silken hair. He could visualize her face with the minutest of detail. For a man who had forgotten the entire 23 years of his life, this was a refreshing change. Talking about remembering things... 'Oh crap!! My flight" how could he forget he had a flight to catch for which boarding had started a good 20 minutes ago. He dashed out towards terminal 23.

He heard his name being called..

"This is the final boarding call for passengers Manik Malhotra and Fred Collins booked on Swiss air flight 154 to Mumbai. Pease proceed to gate 3 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat. This is the final boarding call for Manik Malhotra and Fred Collins. Thank you."

He broke into a run now.