Chapter 4

Neel: "Oh hello!!! Manik, So you ended up here."

Manik grinned as he settled into his seat next to the window.

Neel: "Heading for Mumbai are you?"

Manik : "Yeah. N you?"

Neel: "Oh yes man, I am getting engaged coming Saturday. I would be back in a couple of weeks though. I am a senior business analyst for the credit Suisse and you know how it is with these banks. They pay you but then they make you work like shit...oh by the way..I am getting engaged to Nanadini..the girl who was calling when you picked up my phone."

Manik was lost in his thoughts."N..a..n..d..i..n..i" he uttered absentmindedly.

Neel: "Ain't she hot? What do you think?"

Manik felt restless and he couldn't explain to himself why. "Yes she is beautiful..but why are you asking me?"

Neel: "Oh touchy n all, chill dude.. Just a guy's chat. You know what I learnt in IIMs. Its good to validate the worth of your asset from time to time... and that includes woman. A woman should be desirable, she should make your friends go green with envy." he broke into a laugh as he finished.

Manik wasn't finding it funny. He sighed and looked out as the plane prepared for takeoff.

Neel : "What about you? Are you a model or something....you got some body man!"

Manik: "No. Have you heard of the Malhotra group of companies?"

Neel: "Oh well who hasn't? It's a bloody empire but why? Oh wait.... You are a Malhotra too.. Are you linked anyway?"

Manik: "That's my dad's company."

Neel: "Holy shit!! You mean you are The Malhotra. It must be my lucky day today. Very glad to meet you Mr. Malhotra." He held out his hand for another round of handshake.

Manik: "Manik...that's how I am known."

Manik was getting irritated now. As always, he had zero tolerance for showoffs and perhaps Neel got the cue, for he tried his best to appear like a perfect gentleman for the rest of the flight. Only every once in while he would slip, sometimes flaunting his education sometimes his job profile.