Chapter 96

"So plan kya hai boss?"

"To take the next flight to Switzerland, barge into his apartment, smash his face against the first wall I get and bury him right there."

"Bravo bravo.....matlab manna paregae ....itna awesome idea tujhe aaya kahan se?" Ranbir raised his hands in the air and bowed down, all to mock Manik. "But tu conclusion add karna to bhul gaya, chal koi nahi main add kar deta hun... bury him right there aur uske bad teri to life set, because switzerland ki haseen wadiyon mein tu kisi jail mein life imprisonment kat raha hoga aur yahan Miss Murthy devdasi bani sad songs lypsync kar rahi hogi."

"Whattt nonsense!!! You think all this is a joke?" Manik was so pissed off at Ranbir that he could even give him a punch or two.

"Well funny to nahi hai, matlab teri condition to bilkul funny nahi hai but situation funny to hai, aur tere ideas super dumb hain. Incase tu bhul gaya hai, let me remind you, this is not an Ekta Kapoor show ok?"

"Ab yeh Ekta Kapoor kaun hai?" Manik asked with a puzzled look.

How stupid of him, Ranbir thought. How would a GenX dude like Manik know about Ekta Kapoor. Ranbir knew, because in the last three years, Ekta Kapoor and her soaps (literally) had single handedly rescued his mother from slipping into chronic depression. He sized up his wayward mind. This wasn't the time for such frivolity. 'Serious times call for desperate measures, so focus Ranbir' He reminded himself.

"I meant this is not bollywood, though Neel Dixit can easily put any Bollywood villain to shame. Maine life mein bohot se kameene dekhe hain, but by God iska level hi alag hai. However, that still doesn't make your plan any less pathetic than it already is. This is real life man, you can't just knock him off just like that. There is something called police and law and order and you can't just do whatever comes to your mind, you got to abide by them."

"To wahi to kar rahe hain for the past one night and one day..COLLECTING GOD DAMN EVIDENCE!!! Ab us evidence ka kya karenge? Achar dalenge?" Manik shouted, banging his fist on the coffee table.

"Yahi to problem hai teri generation ke larkon ka, har baat pe temper, violence...shiii"

"Aur tu saalaa... tu kya mere granddad ki generation ka hai kya?" Even in the middle of a crisis they both laughed out. But the situation as they both felt was rather grim. A day had passed since and they didn't have much on hand yet. And this despite their almost doing a thesis on Neel's present and past. They knew he was an asshole right from his childhood, they knew he had stolen his friends paper to get entry into IIMs, they also knew that he resorted to very cheap means to win new deals. But none of this was adequate to put him behind the bars. Yes he had attempted murder on Manik and that was a NON-BAILABLE CRIME, but they didn't have any evidence to prove that. Neither did they know the people he had hired to knock Manik down, nor did they have a recorded confession from him.

"Manik what do you think about the girl's case?" They had dug out a little bit of information about a girl that Neel might have harassed in school. But the entire affair was hush-hush because nobody seemed to know the exact details of what had actually happened. The common friends that Ranbir had with Neel suspected some sort of a wrongdoing but they had clearly warned Ranbir that it could be a wild goose chase with ultimately no outcome.

"I have a hunch, ki that bummer might have screwed up. The way he was talking yesterday, thinking that it was Nandini, I swear agar wo samne hota na...kal to wo zinda nahi bachta."

"Fir se...shaant Manik baba..shaant."

"Yaar mera khoon khawlta hai."

"What do you think mera nahi khaulta, you are like my bro, like kya bro hi and Nandini, wo choti si larki....... But anger won't lead us anywhere. We have to be cool and cunning. Anyways, what do you think about that girl."