Chapter 141

He wouldn't admit it, but Manik was missing Nandini.

The first ever call time of his life, on the first morning of his new job had been at 6am. But now that he was completely reliant on public transportation, Manik didn't want to take any chances ,so he left home at 4, while it was still dark outside. He hadn't wanted to wake up Nandini, but she was up even before him. Infact, she had barely slept the previous night. All the while she had been giggling like a child, left alone in a candy store. She was so excited, that she got ready before him, hoping to accompany him to the studio.

But Manik hadn't let her come along and they had had an argument over it.

Now at 4.30 am, sitting alone outside the locked gates of the studio, Manik was missing her. This is not how the day should have begun. He shouldn't have scolded her. But she should also have understood his predicament. They didn't have a car, if Nandini had come along, she would have had to return alone, and how could he have let her do that when it was still dark and the roads were deserted.

After a bit of dilly dallying, he called her.

"HI.."

"Hello.."

"Sleeping?"

"No." She must be out in the balcony, looking down at the deserted street opposite to their apartment and pouting her lips in anger, Manik imagined her cute pouty avatar clad in a calf length white nightdress. He could hear birds chirping in the background.

"Still angry?"

"Why do you care?"

"Won't you wish me? Its my first day today.."

"Agar meri wish itni important hoti to tum apne sath le jane se mana nahi karte."

"Nandini....kabhi to, like kabhi to try and understand the other side as well."

"Pehle to tum kabhi nahi rokte the, har din chup chupkar mere ghar ke niche mujhse milne aate the, even on days when I would ask you not to. Par shaadi ke baad sab bada,l jata hai na..fir wahi rotten chehra dekhne ka man nahi karta..right?"