Chapter 130

"Bas kar Mukti"

"What the hell Ca..Ranbir...do you have any freaking idea of how I am feeling right now?" She yelled back, turning the key to her apartment. On her insistence, the friends were going to spend the night at her place, raising one last toast before heading back to their monotonous lives. It had been quite a whirlwind affair, especially for Ranbir and Navya, who had accompanied Manik to Delhi and Dehradun and then that whole bloody fiasco surrounding Neel and the drama that Manik's dad created. Finally, the dust was settling. Finally, they had seen Manik off with that one person on earth he truly deserved. And after everything they had seen together since childhood, she couldn't put in words how happy she was at Manik's fairytale ending or may be it was the beginning of the fairytale.

"Oye meri maa, pehle door unlock kar, uske bad day dream for as long as you want. My feet are hurting from all that dancing."

Mukti hurried up, a little embarrassed when she realized, she had indeed been daydreaming. "Stop being a crybaby, Ranbir."

"Yes, but I had to cry to balance your abnormal laughing. Subah se yahi to kar rahi hai tu, giggling like a madman. Jaa aaine mein apni shakal dekh jaake, joker lag rahi hai is costume mein with that funny face."

""Kameene teri to salary bhi itni nai hogi, jitne ka yeh lehenga hai

""Kameene teri to salary bhi itni nai hogi, jitne ka yeh lehenga hai.." she retaliated immediately and then gently nudged at Alya's elbow for some much needed support "Alya, can you please explain to this moron that he shouldn't comment on fashion, yaad hai na kal sangeet pe his CHOICE!!! Casual tee and ripped jeans..."

Alya winked at Ranbir, "Yeah Ranbir, for the first time Mukti chose to dress like a girl and instead of appreciating how pretty she looks, you are pulling her leg?"

Mukti raised her eyes at Alya in disbelief "What the hell Alya!!! I thought you were my friend to begin with." Did Alya just mock her, calling her a tomboy? How mean of her, how mean of both of them.

"Kyun bewron ki tarah aadhi raat ko shor machaaa rehe ho?" Out walked miss Naveli, in pajamas and an oversized t shirt, her hair unglamorously pulled into a high bun.

Dhruv and Alya stopped in their tracks, while Mukti threw a couple of furtive glances at her. "Ab isko kya ho gaya? Mata rani char gayi hai kya sar par?" Ranbir blurted out?

"Mujhe kuch nahi hua, tum log bhul gaye ho ki ghar pe ek baccha bhi hai, so raha hai. Aur jis rate se tum log shor macha rahe ho, wo abhi jag jayega. Tum sab Ranbir ke ghar bhi to ja sakte the. Aaj hi yahan aane ki kya zaroorat thi?" She said, in an irritated tone, stunning everyone with her rudeness, especially Ranbir.

"Why are you over reacting like you are his mother? Koi ek do saal ka baby nahi hai, infact chiraag would have been with us, had you not dragged the poor soul with you."

"Haan to use ghumne dete aadhi rat tak? Tum pagalon ke saath us bacche ko bhi pagalpan karne dete?"

"Guys..guys chilll..." Dhruv, grabbed Mukti's elbow "Lets go to the terrace. Yaha waise bhi space kam hai, for all of us." Before Mukti could disagree and the argument could snowball into something explosive, Dhruv picked a few rugs and swept Mukti with him. Alya followed them but Ranbir stayed put, till Navya returned to her bedroom, slamming the door on his face.