Chapter 88

"Nandini, utho..hum ghar aa gaye"

It had been a long drive from Panchgani and Nandini was fast asleep. The way she clung to him now, her tiny legs folded over his thighs, her arms hanging across his neck ,her face pressed against his chest, her hair, and that lavender fragrance in it was messing up his mind bigtime. Boy! he could kiss her to death now, he was almost dying to and it was bloody frustrating keeping his hands to himself, but then, when it came to Nandini, Manik was always careful about not indulging in PDA (Public Display of Affection). He didn't want to give his driver any unnecessary fodder for gossip. As far as he himself was concerned, he couldn't care less about who said what, but there was no way he was going to let open the doors of his most precious relationship to the hypocrite world, which neither had the insight to understand the sanctity of their love, nor the heart to respect it.

Nandini reluctantly moved her head a little, and blinked her eyes, much against their will. He should carry her na, why did he have to wake her up.

One heck of a week they had had, and after such a physically strenuous and emotionally overwhelming time, the only thing she could smell or see or breathe was sleep. This place didn't look like Manik's Mansion though, even so it felt uncannily familiar.

Holy shit!!!! Where they at her home? Like HER HOME??

"Tum mujhe yahan kyun laye Manik? I told you na ki I will stay with you till you recover?"

"But I am ok now."

She was miffed. She wasn't in the least bit prepared for this. How would she, how would she know that Manik would drop her at her doorstep. To her, it almost felt like a rejection, as if her presence at his place wasn't welcome.

Manik politely asked the driver to wait outside until he instructed otherwise.

"I wanted to stay with you Manik. You should have told me that time only ki mera tumhare saath rehna tumhe acha nahi lagta." She was acting irate like a child, refusing to see any reason. This reluctance to go home, this was so unusual of the Nandini he knew, In the time that he had spent with her, he had hardly seen her call home. And it bothered him because she was never like this. The old Nandini had to inform her chachi, even if she were an hour late. Staying overnight at his place, when she was in Mumbai was almost unthinkable. Why was she behaving like this, why was she running away from home and her family.

"Nandini" He said, cupping her face " tum achi tarah se janti ho ki aisa nahi hai. You know how much I love to have near me, infact there's nothing more that I want and I don't give a fucking shit to what any one thinks or says. But I don't like you running away like this. You are in Mumbai and you haven't called chachi even once, kya chal raha hai Nandini..tell me"

She turned her face away from him and looked out of the window, her droopy eyes, now wide awake "Main nahi bhaag rahi hun kisi se".

"I know you way too well to buy this Nandini.. Jo bhi hai bol do. We can solve it together."

Avoiding looking into his eyes, she hugged him briefly, before pushing the door of the car open.

He pulled the door back in. "Nandini!! Aise mat jao yaar, I won't be able to sleep. Acha chalo, tum mere sath chalo, lets discus this out and we can come back tomorrow, ok?"

"I am ok Manik. And may be you are right, I should just stop running around and face it." She took a deep breath. "But I am going to miss you."

"I won't let you miss me, zyada miss karne se pehle hi tumhare ghar se tumhe utha ke leke jaunga and you know right ki if I decide on something, no one can stop me, not even your chacha or chachi."