Chapter 69

To Nandini's utter surprise, the jerk clapped. "Bravo! Nandini, bravo!!! I truly like this new improved version..its kinda sexy." He gestured to give her a flying kiss, setting Nandini's blood to fire.

"You son of a bitch, I swear to God I will scream and call police... and I will call Manik right now. Don't you dare cross your limit." Her heart was beating so fast that she could hear it in her head, tick tock, tick tock. Fear and anger together make the worst possible concoction and thanks to Neel, Nandini was on a lethal dose. Her eyes had turned bloodshot and her throat hurt from all the screeching.

"And that's exactly what I want, Nandini.. I want you to call Manik and tell him everything about me, so that I can tell him everything about you. Usko bhi to pata chale ki woh jiska dewaana hua ja raha hai, usi ne usse sara sach chupaya hai... itne dinon se woh pagalon ki tarah apne past ko, apne friends, apne pehle wali life ko dhund raha hai, aur yeh madam yahan baithke uske sath game pe game khel rahi hai. Lo Nandini, Main dial kar deta hun uska number... tum mere phone se hi baat karlo, aur zyada khusi hogi Manik ko."

Nandini backed off a bit. If she told the truth to Manik like this, he would indeed be absolutely shattered. Forget Neel, who Manik knew was a certified asshole, but what would he think about her. The blank wish she so meticulously planned was only to pacify Manik but now in this condition...she desperately prayed to Aiyappa to give show her a way out.

"Kya hua batti gul ho gayi Nandini Murthy? Sari hekdi nikal gayi tumhari? Manik dikha to chacha ko bhul gayi? Bhul gayi ki uski gardan abhi bhi mere hath mein hi hai. One slight slip, and it won't take me a day to go to the police and give my statement against him. Manik ko batayegi... jao batao.. Main bhi to baithke zara matinee show dekhun yahan... N you know what, if you do that, the only person you would be helping is me, Nandini darling because he will throw you out of his life and your poor family will have to fall on my feet and beg me to marry you." He went closer and tried to run his hand through her tresses. Immediately she flinched away.

We often presume that evil people like Neel are immune to fear, but that's just bullshit. What distinguishes them from the rest of us, is that they are experts at camouflaging fear. And because they are generally not bothered about the finer things in life, they utilize this unused time and an empty head in plotting and planning in advance.

For a fact, Neel was more scared of Nandini revealing the truth than Nandini herself. He had to be.

He had the perfect plan --- Nandini had done a big mistake by neither telling Manik about his past, nor informing her family about his comeback. He would create a surprise face-off scene between Manik and Nandini's family and reveal the truth in a dramatic manner. Both parties would then hold Nandini responsible for betraying them. As far as Nandini was concerned, she would have to marry him because he would make sure she didn't have any other option and for Manik, Manik would hate Nandini..and yet feel jealous of him for having her. Once he achieved this, then he would contact Nyonika and blackmail her about the past, how she had screwed up her own son's life.

So this way all three of his demands would be met. Nandini would give him the long awaited physical pleasure, torturing Manik would satiate his inherent sadistic nature and Nyonika will supply him money.

But....but... the only possible hurdle to his otherwise perfect plan was if by any chance Nandini blurted out the details to Manik herself before the pre-planned faceoff. Manik's single biggest weakness was Nandini & if he was not able to create a drift between them, Manik would just about finish his game then and there.Manik, was no Nandini, he was physically strong & had the solid backing of money and so much of it that he would surely not be able to keep up with Manik for long.

Besides, that tiny glimpse he had in the night club was enough for him to understand what extent Manik could go to for Nandini, especially if she told him the entire truth.

Also, if she disclosed everything to Manik, then she would as well tell everything to her family including how he had played a crucial role in screwing up chacha in a false case set up by Nyonika and then trapped Nandini for the same. This would expose him not just personally but also professionally.

So Neel was actually chickening out at the very thought of Nandini calling Manik, but he acted so normally, that he actually succeeded in confusing Nandini.

Step 1 accomplished.

Step 2 was to tap her phone and he had a plan for that as well.

"Kya hua sweetheart, why are you running away like a chicken. I am your fiancé after all."

Nandini stepped further back and tried to dial a number when Neel pushed her hand and the phone crashed flat on the floor with a loud thud. Neel could see the screen break. His task was done. The rest, the guy he had set up at the nearest phone shop would do. 20,000 rupees worth of bribe would make him do more than that.

"Neeeeeeeellllllll" Nandini shouted at the top of her voice. "I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO MY CHACHA, I DON'T CARE WHAT MANIK SAYS, I BLOODY DON'T EVEN CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH ME, I WILL JUST SLICE YOUR THROAT WITH A KNIFE IF YOU DON'T LEAVE."

He had never heard her act this violent. No, he should better leave because if didn't leave now, someone or the other will call the cops hearing her scream. He had anyways achieved what he had come for. He was sure Nandini wouldn't dare to call Manik. But if she did, he would have to reassess his strategy. He couldn't let this m******-f***** girl spoil his hard planned game.

*******************************

Author Note:  This was a shorter note, but all I could manage :). I owe you guys a big thank you message for your love and concern which u more than showered on me yesterday. I will post a special thank you note soon.

Going forward I will post 3/4 updates in a week, like an update every alternate date. I am still getting back in the grove so don't know how you wud react to this chapter... lemme know.. once more , I looooooooooooooooooooooooooove you guys from the bottom of my heart.