Chapter 86

She pushed his hand away in defiance and his cell went flying to the dashboard, missing the driver's head by less than two inches.

"Arre bapre itna gussa!!!! Main to bas, I was just trying to show you how you are looking right now, I mean the size and colour and texture of your cheeks."

"Will you  just shut up Manik!!"

They had checked out of the hotel by late morning and were now on their way towards her school. As much as she hated the sight of her jackass EX-Principal, there was no way she could avoid him. She had to PERSONALLY handover the keys of her EX-apartment. As if that wasn't enough of a reason to be upset about, Manik had infuriated her with his dismissive, unkind and mean attitude. And to think of what she had asked for! She had just wanted to be a part of the countdown to Neel's extinction from the face of earth (ok, may be not the face of the earth but at least from their lives). What wrong was there in her wishing so, given that she was the one he had tortured most and she had the legitimate right to not just witness but also contribute to his downfall.

But what had Manik done? He had royally dismissed her claim/request. He said it was his and only his business alone to see the end of Neel Dixit and Nandini shouldn't try to poke her nose at all.

Nandini was cross, she wasn't even talking to him and now he was showing her, her red swollen cheeks!!

"All your anger is directed only towards me haaan? And baaki duniya ke aage you are the sweetest girl."

"Oh seriously???? Did you forget your own words...kya kaha tha subah ko...'you miniature piece, tumhe lagta hai tum Neel Dixit ko tackle kar paogi, who third degree ka criminal hai. Usko handle karne ke liye muscle and akal dono chahiye. So apna gussa, keep it to urself and let me do what I am supposed to. I would neither prefer, nor tolerate your interference or undue interest here.' Listen I don't want to talk to you. So stop irritating me. And yes I know how I look. Just because you can look like a model, practically anytime of the day doesn't mean everybody else can do that too. Angry people look horrible & I am looking horrible too....now khush "

"Awwww are you really that pissed off? I guess I had underestimated the extent of it... by the way, your nose is a little puffed too and your eyes have shrunk...u look like an animated Chinese balloon"

He was having fun, and without any guilt. This, after all, was nothing compared to the harassment & embarrassment she had caused him the previous night. The more annoyed she grew, the more he was annoying her. Her angry stare, uff, as if she could drill holes in him. And she was looking damn cute. He pitied men who went for chiseled, plastered and ironed women. Women should be lively and they should be all shades of dramatic with a heart full of love and his lady here was all of that and more.

"But I don't like to see you like this, so I might reconsider the request"

Her eyes lit up..instantly.

"But....there is a clause.."

"What??" She asked, half furious and half irritated.

"You have to prove your worth. Both your brains and your power.. and if I am convinced I will include you in my team."

"You are seriously auditioning your own girlfriend for that NEEL, now I have more reasons to kill him"

"Friend, bestfriend , girlfriend sab apni jagah but Manik Malhotra is very particular when is comes to business. You know how serious I am about music... same rule applies here. If you want to be in the team, you have to prove your worth."

"And how on earth am I going to prove myself, by beating up people on the street?"

"Of course not.... Ok lets see...." He pretended to think, when in fact he already knew how. "What were you going to do with your principal? Handover the keys and walk out like a loser...right?"