Chapter 8

She covered her mouth with both her hands stifling the sound of her sobs. Both Chacha and chachi were up and the last thing she wanted was for them to see her cry.. and cry because of Neel. But was she crying because of Neel?

His shrewdness, his manipulative ways could break any girl down. But Nandini wasn't any girl. Nandini was strong, she could stand up for herself or could she not? She no more knew what she was capable of, she no more knew who she was.

"Nandini" she heard her chachi call."Beta get ready, you will miss your bus. I am making you some chole so you could have on your way."

"Yes chachi, I am getting ready." Nandini wiped her tears. She walked into the washroom for a quick shower. She couldn't afford to miss her bus to Panchgani, away from Mumbai, from Neel, from her past and all her memories.

She already had her bags packed. She hadn't infact unpacked her bag from Saturday night. She quietly pushed the door to Rishab's room and tiptoed inside. Her little brother was fast asleep. She bent down to kiss him on his forehead, careful not to wake him up. She pulled the blanket over him and retraced back her steps.

She hugged her uncle and aunty and slipped in the lunch box in her rucksack.

"Nandu beta, whats wrong, you seem so sad today." She could never truly hide her emotions from her chachi. She loved them dearly and so did they. "Did Neel say something Nandu? See you still have a week, if you want to reconsider your decision, we are with u beta. Wish Manik hadn't left." Chachi immediately realized her blunder and tried to cover up her words. But it was too late. Nandi walked out, without turning back for a final goodbye.

Chachi thought she had upset an already sad Nandini by mentioning Manik. Little did she know the turmoil that was ransacking Nandini's little head, tormenting her day in and day out for 3 relentless years. Liitle did she know Nandini didn't turn back because the tears she had carefully wiped away in privacy had come back with a revenge and it was not in her power to stop them.

ߖ