Chapter 28

Hi my lovely readers, hope you are doing well. I generally refrain from putting a writer's note right at the top of the post as I feel it breaks the flow, but this one time it was necessary. It was necessary for me to let you know that I have embedded a video below. When you reach that point in the story, please take a minute to close your eyes and listen to it. Trust me, it will not be the same if you don't. Also, don't forget to let me know whether you liked this update.

******

When the very first rays of sun kissed his eyes, he woke up. He couldn't sleep unless it was completely dark, and since on most days he fell asleep just before the dawn, all the blinders in his room had to be pulled down and the curtains strictly closed. He didn't have that luxury in his car and frankly he didn't mind. Even with a 3 hour sleep, he felt fresh like the morning dew.

He couldn't recall the last time he had woken up this content.

She had moved much closer to him during sleep, infact a little too close for comfort perhaps. Her head was now resting on his chest, her lips touching his shirt. She was neatly snuggled up against him and he didn't know when he had pulled his arm out of her grip and placed it over her shoulder. She was holding him with one hand and their legs were huddled together. His jacket had fallen off her and now lay near their feet. He felt something tug at his heart. The way they were right now, anyone who saw them would take them to be lovers.

Her hair was all over him. Perhaps whatever she had tied her hair with had come off. He ran his fingers through her long strands. They smelled heavenly.... Like lavender. Honestly, he wanted to stay there like this till eternity, or atleast till she woke up on her own. He wanted to bottle up that fragrance and tuck it away safely somewhere so that everytime he felt restless, he could inhale it a little like a glass of golden wine. He wanted to run his fingers over her slender arms and nuzzle his nose over her baby cheeks. He wanted to keep staring at her but he wouldn't do any of it. He wouldn't do what he didn't want to be done to him. She had trusted him and he wouldn't break her trust, come what may.

He shifted her away and gathered all her hair together. He put the jacket back on her and slowly pulled himself away from her hold.

"Miss Tipsy" He tapped on her shoulder

"Nandini Murthy" He shook her gently.

"Nandu!!!" He shook her harder.

She woke up with a start, staring blankly at him, trying to register where exactly was she. She looked around animatedly and rolled her eyes and in the most innocent tone, that only she could pull off, she asked "Main kahan hun?"

"Alice in wonderland...."

"Haan?" She raised her eyebrows in disbelief.

"Tum meri car mein ho miss Tipsy..wake up, subah ho gayi"

Once again she looked around, trying to figure out the probable time. "Abhi to bohot subah hai.. Thori der aur so lun kya?" she yawned.

"Tum to mujhe sunrise dikhane wali thi Nandini, aur abhi sone ki baat kar rahi ho.. Ok ok tum so jao, sunrise to hota rahega, fir kabhi dekh lenge fursat se." His reply was oozing sarcasm and that did the trick. 'Sunrise' is to Nandini what system boot is to a laptop.

She straightened herself out. "Kya matlab fir kabhi dekh lenge and you, abhi kyun uthaya, thora pehle nahi utha sakte the. Abhi to 15 mins walk karna parega."

"Miss Murthy tumhare demands kuch zyada nahi hain. U were supposed to show me the sunrise and here I am waking you up. U should be ashamed of yourself."

"Suno I don't have time to waste arguing with you. Lets go."

Nandini dashed out of the car while Manik stayed put. He knew she would come back, she had to and Manik Mallhotra was seldom wrong.

Kaisi yeh Yaariyan Season 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें