Chapter 52

She hadn't turned up and going by her recent history, it seemed that she wouldn't. This sudden change in her behaviour wasn't a good sign and definitely not desirable. She had always been defiant, and that's what made her worth pursuing, but this new found courage that she was flaunting wasn't good news, for Neel. And because Neel was an expert in transferring shit, this would eventually turn into bad news for Nandini Murthy aka to-be Nandini Neel Dixit and her wounded prince Manik Malhotra.

But Neel had to admit, this time the shit was way bigger than he had planned or even imagined.

From the moment he had first met Manik Malhotra at the Zurich airport, he was intrigued. And intrigued, not just because he was the heir of the multi-billion empire Malhotra group of industries, but because he was Nyonika's son. His association with Nyonika went back a long way, though their acquaintance was purely accidental.

Neel had come to Mumbai to work at the same company where Nandini's uncle was employed as a chief accountant and because his parents knew Nandini's grandmother for ages, he had her recommendation to put up at the Murthy's, much to the displeasure of Nandini and her aunt. Initially, for him, it was only about saving some money on accommodation in an expensive city like Mumbai, but the more time he spent around Nandini, the more his motives changed. The girl was rather ordinary and initially he wasn't interested in anything more than a one night stand or at better still, a few escapades here and there. But then she chose to act pricey, not just defiant but at times she totally ignored his mere existence. She appeared lost in her own world and no matter how much Neel tried to break the ice, she wouldn't let him inside her world. Slowly and steadily this turned into an obsession for Neel. He would make her acknowledge her, he would make her bow down to him and make her dance to his tunes.

Even though they all knew his family background, no one really knew where he came from. He kept his secrets close to him and except for his estranged brother, Nishant, noone else had the full view of his illustriously dark history. Nandini Murthy had absolutely no idea how low he could stoop or what extents he could go to, to screw up her life. It was strange that he had so much hatred for the person he desired so desperately, but then nothing was normal in Neel's world and even love was fueled by hatred. He got a high to see her suffer and the joy was indescribable when he caused it.

He was just about rattling his brains to find out a way to trap Nandini when Nyonika happened.

One fortunate night, he was working late in the office and perhaps the only one to do so that day, when he saw someone enter Venkatesh Murthy's (nandini's uncle) cabin. He followed sheepishly.

One good thing about people like Neel dixit was that they didn't leave anything to fate. He captured the entire session on his phone camera. He saw how the imposter logged into the system and downloaded highly confidential information which he then uploaded on public domain from the same machine.

Yes, he saw the whole episode unfold infront of his very eyes and he could have easily confronted the guy or called the guards or police, but he didn't. That ladies and gentlemen, is Neel Dixit for you. He was happy, very very happy because now he knew Venkatesh murthy would be screwed up. This offense would surely get him fired, take away his professional license and cause him to rot in the jail for the rest of his life UNLESS Neel spoke in his defense. And so, God had just dropped a jackpot right into his dirty hands.

He knew she was dumb. She wouldn't involve anyone or even record their conversation. Still, he had been careful while revealing this to her. He had given her two options -

To be party to his whims whenever he was up for some fun and continue to live her own life the way she had been...

OR

To marry him and spoil her entire life.

The first option was way more fun and much more convenient as they stayed in the same house. He could use her for his pleasure and hence be in a position to insult her whenever he felt like, but that dumbo chose the second option and put a condition that he wouldn't as much as touch her, her family or her music.

Eventually the case moved to court and when he was getting ready to give his clear statement in favour of Venkatesh Murthy, Nyonika Malhotra approached him out of the blue. She was just as shrewd as him, perhaps even more. She didn't tell him her reasons but she was ready to pay any amount for him to change his version.

Neel had to choose between Nandini and money but he wanted both so he acted smart with both the parties. For starters he completely hid the fact that he had the incident recorded. Then he tweaked his version, neither confirming that he saw someone manhandling the data nor denying that he saw someone break into the office. This way, he kept both parties in check. Venkatesh Murthy was thrown out of office, but they couldn't take away license so he still managed to get a job in a small nondescript firm and Nyonika had her revenge. But the master stroke was, he could still screw up either party if they chose to act wayward because he could any day go back to his earlier statement or produce the evidence, whichever version would suit him.

But he could never understand the reason behind Nyonikas vendetta against Nandini, until he met Manik Malhotra. So he intentionally set them up so he could dig into his or their past. So all the while that the dumbo was happily going about and around the hunk, he was busy digging information which was worth its weight in diamonds.

Now he knew the reason behind Nandini's newfound bravery, now he knew why she hadn't protested even though it was quite clear to her that Neel was trying to set them up. Because, MANIK MALHOTRA WAS HER (EX) BOYFRIEND. He was angry and impressed at the same time. Angry, because he was insecure, because he was a nobody infront of Manik by any standard and any given parameter. However, he was impressed that a simple commoner could have actually hooked up with such a stunner. So, Nandini Murthy wasn't as dumb as she appeared. She knew her act well, she knew who was worth trapping. Only she wasn't smart enough for Neel Dixit.

So what next? He was halfway through his research, he still needed figure out a few missing pieces in the puzzles like why they broke up and why didn't Manik recognize her anymore? And then he will be all set for the strike..

Till then he should let Nandini enjoy her so called outing with her wounded prince..... WOUNDED PRINCE who was going to be WOUNDED FOR LIFE.

Author note: To everyone one who is sad at a Neel only update, guys please dont b so unidimensional

Author note: To everyone one who is sad at a Neel only update, guys please dont b so unidimensional. As much as u love manik n nandini,  show some love for our anti hero here.. I want to see sm bad ass comments..what u want manik to do this gentleman ?  Lemon n citric acid are way too mild so drop in ur innovative ideas.. N please grant sm privacy to our newly together lovers,  its indecent to always peek inside their bedroom 😜