Chapter 7

She felt a hand on her tender shoulder and turned around. "Neel!!" she was caught by surprise.

"Man how did you know I was coming today, I wanted to surprise you and here I see you staring out of the window, waiting eagerly for your sweetheart." He teased her.

Nandini: "I wasn't waiting for you Neel, I didn't even know you would be coming here."

Neel: "Oh really?"

Nandini: "Yes really. And that makes me wonder, shouldn't you have knocked on the door before coming in. At this time, people are supposed to sleep."

Neel: "Oh c'mmon Nandini, you are my fiancee, I don't need to knock on your door to walk in, I can come anytime."

Nandini: "Neel!!" she said loudly in anger.

He gave her a stern look and shook his head, gesturing clearly that he didn't approve of her defiance. Helpless, Nandini fell quiet.

"I have come so far from Zurich leaving my job just for you and you don't have the minimum sense to even give me a smile. You know the extents I have gone and continue to go for your sake and this is what I get in return. You are so selfish that you don't even think about chacha and chachi."

"I am sorry" is all Nandini could manage to say. She wasn't sorry, not an inch but Neel knew too well when to press the right button And she was all but a puppet in his hands.

Neel: "That's better. Now give me a smile." He stuffed a packet in her hand. " Designer dress for you....in your favourite colour red. I want you to wear this on Saturday. And be ready I am going to pick you up in the evening."

Nandini: "I will leave for Panchgani in sometime. I will only return on Friday evening.

Neel: "What do you mean? Are you kidding me? I came from Zurich for the engagement and you bloody fucking cant take a week off from that godforsaken school of yours."

"I think we had agreed on keeping music out of this. If you go back on your words, I might have to reconsider the engagement." This time Nandini didn't lose her temper, she was cold and sharp, just like her to be fiancé.

"Cool. I have some one important in my car. I have to drop him home. N you thank God for him because otherwise I would have given you a taste of your defiance." Neel gave her a disgusted look and dashed out.

Nandini let out a silent prayer to her Aiyappa for whoever that person was, for unknowingly having saved her from Neel's wrath.

She turned towards the window once more to see Neel's car. She tried hard to have a good look at that person but couldn't.

A silent tear rolled down her cheeks. "I hate you Manik.. I hate you.. I hate you...I hate you........I........love you damned." She started sobbing and sank on the floor.

Manik wanted to knock on the door. No it would be wrong to say he wanted to. His feet dragged him to the entrance door. He saw the name plate 'Moorthy's". He was just about to knock when the door opened and Neel walked out. That's when Manik realized the stupidity of his impending action. He was about to knock on a stranger's door at 4.30 am. What was wrong with him?

Was it a wrong decision to take a release from the hospital? But the doctors themselves had released him. Then why was he acting so weird. He pushed the thought away from his mind and followed Neel to his car. As he opened the door, he turned his head around for one last time to look if she was still there at the window. He found no one there.. He got inside and the car drove away towards his home.