Chapter 41

The moment he saw her message "I m not feeling well, call me as soon as u r free" , he left office. It had been one of his busiest yet best days till now. He had been in a breezy mood all day long. He had learnt more about the business in one day, than he had collectively learnt since the day he joined Malhotra group of Industries. Some people are born winners, the moment you see them you know they are special. Manik was one such guy. Unlike most of us, he didn't bother with pretense if he didn't care. He was undoubtedly sharp and unquestionably determined, but what stood him apart from the rest was his unmatched passion. If he put his heart to something, he would leave no stone unturned to achieve it. He didn't give a damn to competition or competitors. They didn't even exist for him. His only competition ever was he himself. And this held true for his personal life as much as it did for his professional one.

The day had also been good because Manik had finally undone his mistakes from the previous day. He had apologized to all the five people he had screamed on earlier. This time though, he refrained from giving away the chocolates. As it is, people were already in shock because of the UNEXPECTED apology, doling out chocolates would have taken it to a whole new level. From now on, he decided to chew on her ideas for a while before executing them. That girl was crazy and she drove him crazy and he didn't want to jeopardize his reputation in this combined craziness.

He had thought, he would end the good day with a good chat with Nandini, but this message from her......

"Are you ok?" He didn't spare a second for the niceties. Manik, as you know by now didn't bother with pretense.

"No"

"What happened, listen I am coming"

"Are no..no.. I am not sick or some thing, I am just nervous"

"Nandini, did you bribe your English teacher to let you pass? Who writes 'I m not feeling well' instead of 'I am nervous'?"

"Manik...bye"

"Hey...listen, don't ok....don't disconnect. Acha bolo, kya hua?"

"Ek to yahan meri halat kharab ho rahi hai, and instead of consoling me, you are cracking jokes at me...woow so much for friendship haaan mr. Manik Malhotra!!"

"OK...ok I am sorry...I am sorry, but bolo to baat kya hai?"

"Kuch nahi , bas I am nervous for tomorrow."

Manik chuckled instinctively but soon controlled himself. " U mean kal ke performance ke liye?"

"To kya, kal shaaadi to hai nahi meri"

This wasn't going well. Nandu was in a terrible mood. Manik had to do something.

"But you have practiced for over a month.."

"Exactly.. And still.. Aaj bhi aadhe logon ke steps thik nahi hain, kisi ka sur yahan jata hai, kisi ka wahan...I am seriosly pissed off."

"Nandu, who bacche hain, you can't expect them to perform like professionals right and in a way its cute too."

Manik had a point. But something was bothering her and she wasn't sure what, like an ominous premonition.

"I don't know Manik, aisa generally nahi hota, but this time kuch ajeeb si feeling hai, jaise kuch galat hone wala hai.."

Manik didn't get into his car today. He started walking instead. The sky was dark and it was windy, typical of Pune monsoons. He imagined how beautiful it would have felt, had she been there with him, right now.

"Listen Nandini kuch nahi hoga, tomorrow, everything will be fine. Waise if you want, I can come down and try to cheer you up."

"You will travel 3 + 3 = 6 hours just to cheer me up?"

Kaisi yeh Yaariyan Season 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara