Chapter 110

A gigantic drop of tear sat atop his palm "I knew this was coming." Manik had reached just in time to catch it before it could land on the floor.

"Manik!!" A helpless sigh escaped her mouth as his hands and the scent of his familiar cologne surrounded her.

"Nandini...Nandini...Nandini!!!" Without a word, he lifted her in his arms and twirled around. "Gosh, I missed you like hell man. Finally...finally you are here, in my arms...I swear to God, I am not leaving you ever again."

"I missed you too" She barely managed to utter. She knew she was falling apart. Neel's abuses were still ringing in her ears, ripping her soul apart. He had called her a whore. He had lecherously lusted over her, molesting her with his eyes. His filthy stares refused to die down, even though he himself had left quite a while ago. His abuses had struck her so deep, that even though he hadn't touched her, she could feel the remnants of his scratches all over. She had been mercilessly raped of her dignity and the feeling was just as frightful as of someone, who had been physically violated. No one could hear her screams, yet they banged so loud in her ears, no voice could break through it, not even Manik's.

She quickly wiped away her tears, and put up a brave face.

All of a sudden it occurred to Manik that in his excitement, he hadn't even taken a good look at her. And it was funny, because all this while, he had been literally dying to see her as a bride. He placed her back on her feet and stepped back.

"Waise plan kya hai miss Murthy? Kanhi murder ka irada to nahi hai?" He just couldn't move his eyes off her, she looked so resplendent in his favourite colour. Covered from head to toe in dreamy red velvet, his little girl had completely transformed into a woman. Everything about her was beautiful, Her feminine curves, her long slender arms, peeking from under the see through fabric, her beautiful face, flushed cheeks & her slightly lowered doe shaped eyes. Her long silky tresses were accentuating her softness, and her demeanor was poised & graceful. This wasn't the bubbly little Nandini he always teased, this woman in front of her could give him sleepless nights.

If he didn't have a plan to execute, Manik would have perhaps spent the rest of the day simply staring at her.

He inched a little closer towards her and hesitatingly placed his hands on her waist. "Waise... I thought... you would...umm.. choose the sari... & I would ...umm....get to be a little playful here." He was fumbling.

She didn't retort back. She didn't shout at him or roll her eyes. "Tumne kaha tha, you wanted to help me drape one...so I didn't want to wear it today." She was barely audible.

"Are you ok Nandini? Why are you sounding so low?"

"Nahi to, wo thori tired thi, and this lehenga is very heavy." She cleared her voice, and spoke louder. Inwardly, she was suffocating, but on the outside, she kept up her pretence, as if nothing had happened. She was afraid, if Manik came to know of what had just happened he would freak out and spoil the very plan, he had so painstakingly put together over an entire weak. She further lowered her gaze to avoid an eye contact and made no efforts to tuck back the hair, carelessly spread across her face.

"kuch to missing hai Nandini....but what." Manik thought hard, and then it struck him.. The earrings. She had forgotten to put them on. He recalled how, he had chosen the earrings first, even before selecting the dress and the woman in the boutique was giving him one those 'you-don't-have-any-freaking-idea-about-shopping-for-a-wedding-trousseau' kind of looks. He searched through the pile of clothes on the bed and pulled out the jewellery box.

"Come to me, let me..help you with these." He took her hand and gently tugged at her. Then tucking the wayward strands behind her ear, he carefully inserted the jhumka and hooked it.