Chapter 108 - Diwali special !!

A/N: The writer wants to wish you a happy diwali and the only way she knows is through her words..

*******************************

Resting against the pillow, with her legs stretched out in front of her, Nandini was listening to the clock ticking away . After the endless cacophony of the day, the decadent silence was looming heavily through the thin veil of the night. She looked at Navya, sleeping peacefully next to her. In the adjacent room, Rishab was fast asleep and so were Chacha, chachi and Amms downstairs. Only Ranbir wasn't here. He had left in the evening itself, with the Dixits to drop them at the hotel. He had told her, he had some last minute stuff to take care of & might not be able to return before early next morning.

Nandini too was exhausted, her joints were aching from all the stress and running around. She hadn't slept well in two days and her body was on the verge of giving up. Yet her eyes wouldn't close, and even when she tried to sleep , the knots in her stomach would force them open.

Now that she was still and everything around her was so quiet, her fears had grown their own voices, wreaking havoc in her head. Nandini plugged in her earphones and started browsing random songs in Youtube to distract her wayward mind.

She tried a couple of funny videos, her usual staple playlist of kids playing with dogs , but today even they couldn't uplift her mood and involuntarily she started shuffling through sad songs. And then her ears fell on this one.

Tears began to cloud her vision, as she imagined Manik singing it to her in place of the actors enacting the song on her mobile screen.

The more she thought over it, the more it amazed her, how they had come together and traversed such a long road together.

Love knows no reason, it makes no distinctions, it understands no excuses, it respects no borders, and no matter how hard you push it away, no matter how much you refuse to acknowledge it, it will happen when it has to. Who would have ever thought that one day she would bump into a stranger at a bus stop and even before his face could register in her mind, his fate will be entwined with hers for eternity. Who would have known that the guy she couldn't see eye to eye with, the guy she hated with a passion, who made her do things she had never imagined, who made her cry more than anyone else, would one day become her world. Who would have known she would one day fall so hard for a monster, that every sad song would remind her of him. Who would have known that after losing him once, she would get him back like this... who would have known that one day someone would become the reason of her existence.

She missed him, a little more than she usually did when he wasn't around. She walked up to the window and pushed it open, and a breath of fresh air rushed in. She called him from her other phone that Manik had given her.

"Nandini, you are still awake?? I thought you had slept long ago."

"Neend nahi aa rahi Manik, missing you a little too much" she whispered, carefully not to wake Navya up.

"I can understand that you are missing me but this is not done yaar, kal bhi you didn't sleep..infact uske pehle bhi..Aise to you will fall sick Nandini and tomorrow its going to be a tough day" She could hear the muted sound of speeding cars in the background. He was travelling back to Mumbai, she guessed.

"Tum bhi to nahi soye na 3 din se.."

"Haan but.." he hesitated a bit "Mere paas koi option nahi hai Nandini. I have to do this and its just this night. After tomorrow, everything will be fine. All this darkness, all this distance will be gone. Chalo no more batein, go and sleep."