Chapter 82

A/N: Sorrryyyyyyy sorrryy, this is what happens when u have strict deadlines to meet.  U forget the most crucial parts. I realized, I missed the song that Nandu was dancing on . I am republishing this part just that u see the song. Please do, trust me, its worth it :)

N this epi is dedicated to @thamannamanan1 because whenever I have to write a funny scene, she is my inspiration. I know how much she loves funny dialogues.

*************************************************************

Where would he find her amidst 300 odd people. He checked the bar, and the lounge, she wasn't there. Then he went about the dance floor and what he saw next infuriated him.. Nandini was surrounded by a bunch of bastards who were harassing her.

The music was too loud to catch her voice, but he could clearly make out that she was struggling to break free.

He made his way through the crowd to reach her and the moment her eyes fell on him, her face lit up with a million dollar smile.

"Maaaaannnikkk, whheeeeere were yoouu? Dekho naaa I am tellliiiing them ki I am waiiting for youuu but ye suunnnnnte hi naaaaahi. Stuupiiiid people arrreee forrrrcing me to dance."

She threw her hands up in the air, freeing them from the grip of the guy who was trying to pull her , and fell straight into Manik arms.

He clasped her tightly in an hug, a little more intimately than was perhaps required & threw a nasty glance at the three guys. If looks could kill, all three of them would be lying dead right away.

Nandini happily settled in the enclosure of his muscular arms, oblivious to the danger she was about to land in.

"Baby you didn't tell them that I am allergic to stray dogs. I don't like them roaming around you, I get a temper issue and then I start beating the shit out of them. You should have warned them.."

You don't mess with Manik Malhotra, not atleast when if it concerns Nandini. His knows his way with punches as much as he knows how to slaughter with words. His hands were itching to give a solid blow or two right in the middle of their sorry faces but he pulled himself back at the last moment to avoid creating a scene. He didn't want the spotlight to be on Nandini, given the condition she was in.

The threw, high on hormones, filthy rich, fresh out of college guys considered it prudent to quietly slip away and merge into the crowd before their faces compelled Manik to reconsider his decision. Manik was so not expecting something like this to happen here. This was supposedly one of the most expensive resorts in not just Panchgani but in the whole of Maharashtra.

But then money can neither buy class nor character & when it lands up in the wrong hands, it creates demons out of men.

"kaaauuun dog, kyyaaa allergy, waaaat are yoou saaaying Maanik? Arrree yooouu drrrunnnk? Ttumnne peee haaai kyaa?"

Manik tried to drag her along, but she wouldn't budge an itch. She couldn't stand straight, she was swaying back and forth, yet she held her ground like a half dead soldier.

"Nandini, isse pehle ki I lose my mind, are you coming with me or not?"

"No!!!"

"Nandini, I will count till three... and if you don't come..by then"

Poor Manik, he should have known, Nandini was not in a mood to listen to anyone, except her temporarily out-of-order mind. Even before he could start counting, he saw her slump on the floor and scream "One.. Two...threee.... And Nandini iiiisss stiiiil hereeee, Naaandiiiniii Muuurthhyyy kisssi sse naahi daartiii... samjhe mr. Maaannnniiikk Maaallhhhhoootttttttttraaa"