Chapter 5

It was a long flight from Zurich to Mumbai. Thankfully he had Neel's company. Not that he enjoyed talking to him, in fact Neel sounded pretty retarded at first. But talking kept him busy and distracted. ...Distracted from the million odd thoughts that crowded his head. How would life be in Mumbai? Would going back to the city and the home he grew in, have any impact on his memory? Will he be able to piece together the scattered bits from his past?

What about friends and family? Well as far as family was concerned, he knew he had a dysfunctional one. His dad was forever busy and he had no clue about his mom. He knew they were rich, like filthy rich but money was all they had. Why else would a guy of 23, have to travel alone to India after undergoing treatment for 3 years. But he wondered if he was equally unlucky in friendship. Did he have friends, if yes then why hadn't they checked on him in the last 3 years. Did he have a girlfriend? A beautiful tall sexy girl..or someone cute like..like Nandini..

Something was not feeling right. Ever since he had seen her face, he just couldn't get her out of his head. It was not her prettiness, for he had seen way too many hot girls in Europe and never felt a thing more than pure physical attraction for them, but here, now that girl Nandini unsettled him. It is hard to describe in words, but if one had to.. He felt like he was on a platform chasing a speeding train.

Too much stress was not good for him, the doctors had categorically warned him. He plugged in his earbuds and closed his eyes. These lines flowed in..slowly calming his nerves and putting him to sleep.

Pehle kyun na mile hum

Tanha hi kyun jale hum

Milke muqammal hue hain

Yaa thhe tanha bhale hum

Saware.. saware.. saware..

Na humaara hua na tumhara huaa

Ishq ka ye sitam na gawara hua (x2)

Pal pal ginke guzara

Maano karza utaara

Tum se munaasib huaa hai

Phir se jeena humaara

Sanware..

Na humaara hua, na tumhara hua

Ishq ka ye sitam na gawara hua

Dhalti raat ka ik musaafir

Subah alvida keh chala

Jeete jee tera ho saka na

Marke haq adaa kar chalaa