chapter 115

"Par where the hell did you get Manik, wo kahan mil gaya tujhe?" Mukti finally asked.

"Actually..I..I.. was performing..."Dhruv stuttered, fidgeting with his fingers "and I heard this.. Scuffle.." Dhruv didn't mention, where. That he did these small gigs at night clubs and pubs to maintain himself was not unknown to his friends. But none of them had ever walked into one with him. Not that they didn't want to, in fact it was Dhruv, who made sure in one way or the other that none of his friends ever saw him at work. How could he, when he himself loathed going to these small, substandard bars. If only he had a better option..

Nyonika, or as he knew now, Mr. Malhotra had ruined his music career even before it could take flight. But then, music is all he knew. Neither did he have an illustrious degree to land a corporate job nor was he born with a silver spoon like his friends. "Kuch larai chal rahi thi bar ke paas, and jab maine dhyaan se dekha to it was Manik. A group of men were trying to snatch something from him and Manik was fighting back. Uski...halat dekhkar I was shocked. Pee rakkhi thi usne and bohot zyada. Manik was not even in his senses par fir bhi he was trying to save that thing.. It was a ring.. A diamond ring. Fir main use lekar ghar gaya to wahan uske dad..Nandini.." He stopped.

They were all at Ranbir's place. After the ruckus at Manik's house, the three of them had carried him here. And then Ranbir called Mukti, who came over with Alia. Except for Navya, who was still at Nandini's house, stepping in for Nandini, in her absence, the entire clan was here. Manik was inside in the guest bedroom and Nandini was by his side. The rest of them were in the living room, where Ranbir was narrating the happenings of the day in hushed whispers. They had a lot to catch up on, especially Mukti who was angry that they had kept her out of everything. Fuck, she didn't even know the truth of Neel until now. But this wasn't the time for such whining. Right now, they had a much bigger problem at hand.

"Thanks yaar..thanks a lot. Agar tu time pe nahi aata to pata nahi.." Ranbir patted on Dhruv's shoulder.

"Acha, to ab tum mujhe thank karoga for saving Manik?" Dhruv yelled back, surprising everyone. "How long do you know him? Abhi to one month bhi nahi hua..Manik aur main, hum bachpan se saath hain, mujhe tumhare is thanks ki zaroorat nahi hai Manik ko help karne ke liye, so apna thanks please apne paas hi samhalke rakho."

Ranbir was taken aback. After being with Manik for the past one week and witnessing everything first hand throughout the day, he could bloody well imagine Manik's mental state. He was so pissed off with Nandini's grandma & Manik's dad that he could as well go and blow both their heads off. Instead, he snapped at Dhruv, who as usual was being this thick headed attention seeker. "Haan aur mahine bhar mein hi sample dekh chuka hun tumhari bachpan ki dosti ka.."

"Will you guys just stop being so difficult?" Alya interrupted. "Its not about you Dhruv or Ranbir, its about Manik right now. So can you both please cooperate?"

"Don't get me wrong guys, but I think we should just let the two of them be and leave for now." Mukti had a quick glance at her friends, and that same 'Are-You-Nuts' expression hung across all the faces."I am not saying we back out in such a critical time..jeeez..No.. Never..all I am trying to say is lets not make it awkward for Manik. He is upset, not sick ki we are waiting here for him to come out of coma. The more we treat him differently, the more uncomfortable he is going to feel. Let's just act as if nothing has happened, and let's just be in the support system. I am sure, once he is a little sorted, Wo khud, he himslf will reach out to us. I think we should give him that space....Kya bolta hai ranbir? Am I making any sense?"

"Haan to why asking me, bachpan ke dost ko pooch na, wo to walking encyclopedia hai na...when it comes to Manik."

"Dekhlo, you guys always blame me na, that I am selfish..dekhlo ab who is acting up." Came Dhruv's instant reply.