Chapter 32

Location: Delhi

"Acha Chill kar na Navya!"

"Yeh koi baat hui Mukti? Hum yahan Abir ke liye aye hain aur humne pehla hi din waste kar diya. Abhi 2 baj rahe hain aur hum yaha baithe hai."

Navya was furious at Mukti

Navya was furious at Mukti. They had caught a late night flight to Delhi and when they checked into the hotel, it was past 1 am. But instead of going to bed, Mukti dragged her to a club where the girls drank and danced away till the wee hours of the morning. The result was, they had to cancel the snooze of the alarm some 10 times before one of them finally switched it off. As per their idyllic plan, at this hour, they should have been somewhere in Janakpuri, spying on the adoptive family of Abir or perhaps trying to break into their home. But in reality, one was holding her head in both hands and the other was gulping down her 8th glass of lemon water and cursing the other.

"I need to go to the washroom."

"Tell me something new..yeh tera 4th trip hai in 2 hours."

Navya stood up and staggered towards the restroom.

She must not have even made it halfway when she took a sudden U turn and hastened back to where they were sitting in the hotel restaurant.

"Mukti!!!" She howled in panic.

"Chilla kyun rahi hai meri maa? Mai tere samne hi baithi hoon." The worst thing that you can do to a person struggling with a terrible hangover is to shout in their ears. Navya was sweet and Mukti loved her to bits but there were times, like now, when she wished for Navya to tone down her 'DQ' (Drama Quotient).

"Main marne wali hun Mukti."

"Whattt!!!!" She almost chocked on her saliva.

"Hume lagta hai mata rani hume apne pas bula rahi hai." She was panicking now, wiping beads of sweat from her forehead.

"Have you gone nuts?" She moved her hands from her head and looked angrily at Navya.

"Hamari maa kehti hai ki jab koi marne wala hota hai na to use mare hue log dikhte hain, wo hamein le jane ke liye aate hain"

Mukti was trying to think who she wanted to kill first, Navya or her mother? Perhaps her mother was right this time. Navya's time was actually up and she would be glad to do the honours.

"So kis ko dekh liya tune? I mean kiske bhoot ko?"

"KAAAAAABIRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!" She stuttered.

"What the fuck Navya!!!" Mukti stood up in shock and disgust. "How dare you ? How dare you joke about Kabir???" She screamed at Navya.

Navya was taken aback by Mukti's violent reaction.

"Mata rani ki kasam hum jhoot nahi bol rahe hain mukti." She mumbled meekly, mostly to herself. She turned back and found no-one at the spot where she was claiming to have seen Kabir's ghost minutes ago.