Chapter 64

"OK so I have a perfect plan for the rest of the day." She declared while happily munching away the hakka noodles which Manik was feeding her. Slashing her hand had been an unexpectedly good bargain. In a corner of her heart, she had neatly tucked away all the hurt. Once Manik would be gone, tomorrow morning, she would bring them out to mourn over. But these last few hours she still had with him, she wanted to weave a wish tree around him and hang from it all the memories, she would either create or gather. It wasn't in her capacity to bring back or erase the three years they had both spent in hell, but she could try replacing every sad memory with a happy one & repaint the melancholic past with bright shades of friendship and love.

"Nandini, honestly, I am not doing this. You are a trouble maker and its always me who ends up paying for it. Noway I am tired now!!"

She made a pouty face and showed him her sore finger. "You to will leave tomorrow, fir I can't bug you, you will have all the peace in the world. Please na, lets do it my way. It will be fun, I promise."

"I can't believe emotional blackmailing kar rahi ho. Like seriously?? Let's just play XBOX."

"I don't have an XBOX"

"Yeah, right....Then lets watch a movie, an out and out action flick, or may be a horror movie." He saw how the shape of her lips changed from concave to convex. She handed over her laptop to him and went out to the balcony amidst the growling clouds.

"Ok stop making faces and tell me what graaaand plans you have come up with this time?" He emphasized on the word 'grand' as he followed her to the balcony and rested his arm on her shoulder. Like any other regular guy, he would have ideally loved to play XBOX and just relax. But then she was right. 15 more hours and he wouldn't see her again for 5 long days.

"Really?" Her face lit up instantaneously. "Ok so we will play a game & the game is, I will give you three tasks, like three things that you have do for me in the next 15 hours...and the same applies to you."

"Is it like truth or dare?"

"No its called the 'Make a Memory' game because you can't give random tasks, each task is like a memory that you will either find or create." Manik was damn sure no such game existed and it was purely a figment of her uber fertile imagination. Nevertheless, it sounded like it was going to be fun.

"Done??"

"Done!!" I love challenges and I play to WIN."

"Ok, we both get 5 minutes to come up with our wishes and the time starts now." she turned on her stop watch.

"Hold on, hold on... what does the winner get?"

"One blank wish.. That the other has to fulfil without any doubt or question."

**************************

Five minutes were over within a blink and now it was time for both of them to reveal their wishes.

"You go first" She asked him.

"Ok....

Wish no. 1 is ...Read out a poem from your own archives.

Wish no. 2 is... Dance with me in the rain.

Wish no. 3 is... Because you haven't yet confessed your feelings for me, formally, you will now have to do it in three languages.

He had given her 3 simple and sweet tasks, but these indeed were his wishes and thanks to this weird idea of a game, he could have them all fulfilled in one day. He couldn't wait to hear her list.

"Ok, now my turn...

Wish no. 1.... Formally record a song.

Wish no. 2.... Create one memory which will never grow old.