Chapter 46

"Nandini, you are sweating so much, are you really ok?"

From a mild irritation to a throbbing contraction, her pain was gradually and steadily increasing and it showed on her face. but she kept on denying.

"Why don't you take a warm shower, it might Help 😀"

He was right, may be it would help. She went inside to take a shower, while he eagerly waited outside. He hadn't ever seen her this flustered or pale in his brief friendship with her. 'Gosh, it had only been 15 - 20 odd days and yet it felt like forever'.

He had expected to see a fresh face but something was fundamentally wrong with her today and she wasn't even telling him what. He was just wondering if he should force her to confide in him when her phone rang.

Without even bothering to see the caller's name, she picked and started hurling abuses "What the hell is your bloody problem Neel Dixit, why can't you just leave me in peace?" She screamed right in front of Manik. This guy was getting on her nerves and with that numbing pain in her abdomen, she really didn't want to deal with that jerk now. Couple of minutes of his sadist, slimy voice and she was afraid, she would literally burst out.

"Nandini, itna gussa? Us kauwe ne fir se kuch kiya kya? Mata rani ki kasam uski to haddi pasli ek kar denge hum."

"Navya!!!! Tum"

"Who meri best friend ka phone hai" she told Manik while excusing herself and hurriedly moved to the back porch. She couldn't take chances with Manik overhearing her conversation with Navya, even by mistake.

"Aise kyun baat kar rahi ho, abhi phone nahi karna chahiye tha kya? Hum baad mein call karein?"

Nandini realized, she had acted rather hyper.

"Nandini, kya hua, tum thik to ho?" Thankfully Navya interrupted her thoughts.

"Haan who main thik hun..tum kuch bol rahi thi"

"Kabir wapas aa gaya hai" The phone slipped away from her grip and made a thudding sound as it hit the ground.

What was that? WAIT, LIKE WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?

Nandini bent down to pick up the phone with trembling hands. Navya was notorious for her untimely, unwarned earthshattering bombs which in 99 percent of the times turned out to be lame jokes. This time, it better not be a joke.

"Tumhe pata hai tum kya keh rahi ho?" She almost whispered.

"Humari baat par to tumhe yakin nahi hota, Mukti se pooch lo.. But kahani mein ek twist hai aur who yeh ki yeh Kabir nahi Ranbir hai"

"Ab yeh Ranbir kaun hai, Navya?"

"Kabir ka twin"

"Kabir ka koi twin bhi tha?"

"Wahi to, hume to choro, FAB5 ko bhi nahi pata tha, par Ranbir, matlab Kabir ke bhai ko hamare bare mein sab kuch pata hai"

Nandini's head was spinning. Kabir, was back? Kabir - the peace maker, Kabir - the cupid, Kabir - the secret keeper, Kabir - the santa clause, Kabir - the only person who understood her as well as he understood Manik was back? She couldn't even imagine Manik's reaction when he would get to know this.

But Alas! Kabir was not Kabir, he was another man with the same face...and Manik was not Manik, he too was a new man with the same face. Why did everything had to be so complex. Why couldn't they just break free and drown in this happiness.

FAB5 had been like a priceless necklace and three years ago, Nyonika had brutally torn it apart, scattering away the beads near and far. Today, they had found all the missing beads but they still couldn't tie them back..