Chapter 67

He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat and let out a sigh. Though she wanted to hear his reaction, she didn't pester him, because the fact that he was unable to speak up, which was quite unlike Manik, more than expressed that her words had touched him deep.

After a long long while, he cleared his throat. "Just because you can write, you will take advantage of it like this?"

"You can't be best at everything..c'mmon, but you know what, you are hands down the winner. You can keep the blank wish and ask for anything you want."

Manik knew exactly what he could ask for and she wouldn't refuse, that was the USP of the game, But he wouldn't and that was the beauty of their relationship. "I have already gotten more than my share of happiness. I grant you the wish, you can use it any time, any which way you like."

Once upon a time he had granted her a blank promise, today he had given her a blank wish. She needed it. She desperately needed it for next week, when she would finally reveal his past to him and be done with this hide and seek. The longer she kept it from him, the more guilt it injected in her. Now that she knew how sad and painful his last three years had been, how could she knowingly torture him more? But she needed the blank wish to pacify him, to force him to forgive her. That was her plan...to first confide in Navya and then tell everything to Manik. It wasn't going to be smooth, but well she would still hope for the best.

"So miss Murthy that was really clever haan, I asked you to confess in three languages and u technically did it one and then you call me the cheater...wow!!"

"I didn't cheat Manik" her voice was heavy, perhaps from the apprehension of the impending week. "I said it in the three languages I know..... silence, words and music. I don't think saying it in a foreign language would have made it any more genuine."

He was just teasing her. He knew she couldn't have done it better and besides these weren't the only way she expressed her love. There were innumerable other ways, sometimes not even intentional, that blurted out her deepest feelings. Like her eyes, and the fat tears in them, like her throbbing heart whenever he was near, like her sensitive skin that responded to the slightest of his touches, like the smile on her face, her childlike happiness to be with him. Did he not understand her insecurities, did he not see that she was as scared of losing him as he was of losing her, did he not feel the sadness in her face for the next five days that they were going to spend apart? Did she really think he was so dumb, that he couldn't make out that she had intentionally cut through her finger because that was the only way she could share his pain. The only thing he didn't understand was the intensity with which they both loved each other, this pull that was so strong that neither distance, nor time mattered. Would it always be like this? Would she always love him like this or one fine day he would wake up to realize that all of it had been a dream.

"How's my dress? I was expecting you to comment.. Is it that bad?"

Perfect distraction for Mr. Manik Lost-In-His-Thoughts Malhotra. She had to be kidding him. It was like holding a sundae right infront of your eyes and asking, 'does it look yummy enough?'

"First of all, how dare you wear my shirt without my permission and secondly what are you upto Miss not-so-innocent-Murthy?"

"First of all, I don't need your permission to use your things" She answered mocking him "I have the exclusive right over you and your stuff and secondly why should only you have the privilege to kill by looks? It's a different matter that you are an absolute natural, you don't need props like this shirt, you can kill anyone anytime (she really hoped this included Neel as well)."

"Don't act smart Nandini, I don't like anyone touching my things, I want my shirt right now." He was teasing her.

"And I won't give you."