Because the writer wishes you happy ganesh chaturthi

Apologies for the late revision, but the writer was so groggy eyed, she uploaded the first pic she got in hand.

Well....

While the rest of the world is ushering their cute little ganeshas in, mine is a permanent resident in my house. 8 years ago, dad had created him out of damp old newspaper (paper mache) and eversince, he has been travelling with me from Kolkata to pune, back to kolkata to singapore to Ranchi and then to US. And he isnt alone, he has two accomplices, one miniature lion and a cute dog. For an year now, even my mom has joined the prestigious club.

I absolutely love my Gannu, He has been there with me through the best and worst of times, seen me cry and witnessed me laugh. He has heard my cribs more than any living person on the face of earth, and I am actually happy that he can't quite speak (facepalm -Though I know for sure that he complains to mom day in and day out). I also love him because he eats without a care in the world and flaunts his cute paunch.

Every year I give him laddoos and Chocolates, this year I am torturing him with Fruits alone (evil me)

On a serious note though, one doesn't have to have a beating heart and a functional mouth to be called a best friend. I love him, despite his being inanimate. And I hope he will be right next to me for the rest of my life. That's what best friends are for. Happy birthday baby gannu.

 Happy birthday baby gannu